Demonvicts

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Tldr, got a group of septemfasciata and put them with nicoya convicts, turns out there were 0 male septs in the group so one female took up my biggest male nicoya, now I have fry of what could be one of the biggest and most aggressive convict type things in existence. I call them demonvicts, like demonic, but convict.

Do I raise them out of curiosity? They wouldn't leave my house. I am currently working on dropping food in the nest to get the other fish to eat them, but I have about half left so I am currently weighing my options.

I am working on separating the species in my collection.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Got em all

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I stand corrected, I found one, a little over half an inch. Grew pretty fast, I'm surprised the little thing made it. Guess I'm raising one

Looks like a septemfasciata with convict barring. Misbarred too, it's got little zebra stripes. Will be interesting to see how it turns out

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
It seems you stand corrected once again
Indeed, my myrnae got him through a net while I wasn't looking, guess he wasn't big enough to stay off the radar of 2.5" myrnae

• Wow
Reactions: HybridFinatic

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Pics would be nice if it happens again. If the hybrid offspring have some redeeming quality then of course there's nothing wrong if you want to keep them alive and within your own tanks.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Indeed, my myrnae got him through a net while I wasn't looking, guess he wasn't big enough to stay off the radar of 2.5" myrnae
Couldn’t have guessed that happening. That worry wouldn’t have crossed my mind. Guess the birth of the Demonvict wasn’t meant to be. Myrnae knew it.

Reactions: Hybridfish7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store