Bichir bloat help

Nyrkorey

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Acquired this guy from a guy who took very poor care of him, so I told him I would take him in. I'm no expert of these guys when it comes too illnesses. You can see he has some kind of bloat, it's not from feeding sinxe he is bloated 24/7. What is the cause/ possible treatments for him!?

1000002724.jpg

1000002725.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

Nyrkorey

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
That was a great thing to give the Senegal better care.
I saw him and new I better take him or he's dead.. awesome article one question where do I get Metronidazol? I googled it and it came up as pills lol also they are other polys in there, can I treat the tank with the rest in it

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
where do I get Metronidazol?
Tbh never used that product but can be purchased from petco online.
You could treat the bichir with 100% Epsom Salt no additives. I suggest treat in a separate aquarium or tote.

Nyrkorey

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
So good news, I got him in my tank. I have great water quality. And came down this morning and his bloat has gone down significantly already.. could that actually be from that bad of water quality he was in?? Owner said he been bloated for quite some bit. So maybe the water was that bad?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So good news, I got him in my tank. I have great water quality. And came down this morning and his bloat has gone down significantly already.. could that actually be from that bad of water quality he was in?? Owner said he been bloated for quite some bit. So maybe the water was that bad?
Great update
Yes possibly water quality issue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store