Giant Clown Knife with Giant Black Ghost Knife?

alexanian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Damascus
Chitala doesn't have electric organs, so that won't b an issue. The only issue is the agressivnes of the Clown knife. I don't think Ghost knife could seriously injure a clown knife, but the clown has a larger maximum size and faster growth rate so it is posible that at some point can injure the ghost knife.

theskibag

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2011
Galway, Ireland
I have these two in the same tank and they are around the same size as in the photo. Currently in a 7' * 2' * 2' and never had a prblem with them. Have been together for around a year now

zappyitaliano

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2012
United Kingdom, London
If you were to bring them up together from a young age then im sure it would be fine. If you were to introduce them while they are mature then i assume problems would arrise

Catfish Pownage 63

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2012
Arlington, WA
If you were to bring them up together from a young age then im sure it would be fine. If you were to introduce them while they are mature then i assume problems would arrise
not always true i had one suncat for awhile when he got about 6in. i introduced two more now they are all happy as can be. on the other hand i 3 pictus cats all about 3in. and one had smaller eyes then the other two and the small eyed one would always fight over the water current with my lima shovelnose and then that small eyed pictus grew to be around 8-9in. and killed the other two pictus cats

jabsthetank

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2010
California
When you introduce the new clown knife fish, I would change the décor around to make it seem like a new area so both can establish territories at a similar time rather than the black ghost fighting for its already claimed territory.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store