Got My New Tank!

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
You’re gonna get a lot of heat for putting an o Oscar in a 75 lol
I know, and I mentioned I know it’s not large enough to be safe lol. I have plenty of space to upgrade to a 125 when needed, going to rearrange basement office and make the tank the center-piece. It all just depends on how fast these fish grow, but I can do it in a weekend when we get there! I don’t mind buying a new one but that gives me plenty of time to hopefully find a deal on FB too.

Reactions: Cal Amari

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Just an update! All good! Only chasing is the FM chases the baby GT, but he’s too quick lol! That’ll change in time, ha!

Can’t believe the color already on the tiny GT. The Oscar follows me around the tank wherever I go in the room wiggling lol! I think he’d eat all day if I let him.

The Bichir likes curing up under the sponge filter but shoots out at feeding time!

IMG_2114.jpegIMG_2122.jpegIMG_2129.jpegIMG_2132.jpegIMG_2133.jpeg

Reactions: AR1 and Cal Amari

SalviniCichlidFan

Dovii
MFK Member
May 30, 2021
www.andrew-li.org
Nice tank! I really enjoy the setup, decor and your fish look great!

Only caveat I must mention is that I think your cichlids will show much better color with dark substrate. Especially your green terror and your fire mouth.

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Nice tank! I really enjoy the setup, decor and your fish look great!

Only caveat I must mention is that I think your cichlids will show much better color with dark substrate. Especially your green terror and your fire mouth.
Thanks, and I agree! It started out as PFS and I’ve slowly mixed in more and more black to it trying to do just that. Planning on doing again and adding more mixed in soon! Just wanted to leave it all alone for a while and let the fish acclimate.

• Love
Reactions: AR1

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
What would cause my glass to a a white/milky "haze" to it every few days? It's not bad and most people probably wouldn't even notice, but I do. Comes right off with magnet cleaner but kind of annoying. All sides of tank.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
What would cause my glass to a a white/milky "haze" to it every few days? It's not bad and most people probably wouldn't even notice, but I do. Comes right off with magnet cleaner but kind of annoying. All sides of tank.
That’s algae (or maybe bacterial growth) starting to form - not enough to be thick and colorful, but enough to be noticeable.

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
That’s algae (or maybe bacterial growth) starting to form - not enough to be thick and colorful, but enough to be noticeable.
Anything to worry about? Or just normal? There are windows in this room but the tank is far enough away it's always in the shade, never any green algae. Just don't remember this ever happening on my 29 gallon previously.....but it was in a dark hallway with absolutely zero windows anywhere close.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store