How many Dwarf Gouramis in 55 Gallon Tank (or in any tank, period)?

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hey y'all! I've been doing research on dwarf gourami's, and different sources say different things, so I want to get it straight, how many dwarf gourami's can be in a 55 gallon tank, and any tank?

Also, another reason why I'm asking is because my mom has been pressuring me to get another dwarf gourami because she really likes them. Gotta keep the mom happy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: tlindsey

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Like other labyrinth fish they will be territorial - they are really small though and don’t take up much territory.
I wouldn’t do more than 3 in a 55, but up to that they should be fine. Don’t forget to factor in the other fish in the tank, and how heavily stocked it is.
Personally I’d get honey gouramis, they tend to be much healthier and aren’t plagued by iridovirus.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Like other labyrinth fish they will be territorial - they are really small though and don’t take up much territory.
I wouldn’t do more than 3 in a 55, but up to that they should be fine. Don’t forget to factor in the other fish in the tank, and how heavily stocked it is.
Personally I’d get honey gouramis, they tend to be much healthier and aren’t plagued by iridovirus.
Ok. Could a betta and a gourami live in the same tank?

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store