How to stop Aimara wolf fish hitting lid

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Does the tank have any floating color? The duckweed blanketing the top of my red wolf tank has calmed him down and kept him from hurting himself.

Reactions: tlindsey

MarkTheFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2023
Does the tank have any floating color? The duckweed blanketing the top of my red wolf tank has calmed him down and kept him from hurting himself.
No it dosent. But I might replace my lid with like egg crate will that be better?

MarkTheFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2023
No it dosent. But I might replace my lid with like egg crate will that be better rex
Did the wolfish stop hitting the lid?
he dosent as much but to be safe I’m gonna replace the lid with the egg crate in case he does jump again

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
The one thing about egg crate is it’s very light, and wolves are powerful jumpers.
I’d definitely look into floating plants, it will make the fish much more comfortable.

Reactions: tlindsey

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Egg crate is really lousy as a tank cover. It does nothing to slow down evaporation; it's also much more abrasive than a smooth glass or poly top, especially if it has any cut edges exposed to the fish.

I've seen some folks stretch netting across the top of ponds, securing it around the edges so that if a fish jumps the net just stretches and then rebounds. It's soft so will probably cause the least damage possible. Like eggcrate, it won't help with evaporation, but will be much easier on the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store