how you setup your bichir tank?

Kenta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Just off the top of my head.

-smooth substrate (sand, barebottom, fine gravel).
-no sharp corners (sharp slate, ornaments)
-lots of hiding places (driftwood, rocks, plants)
-lid that covers the whole top (no holes, they are jumpers)
-floating plants to dim the lights

Or
you can go completey barebottom, no decor whatsoever. This way they have nothing to fight over

Wisdom16

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2005
Alabama
I basically have plastic plants and black gravel. There is some turned over bowls for them to hide in.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
Until recently all were harvested in the wild it's only within the last few years
captive breeding has been established and only with a few limited species.
P.senegalus senegalus for example are now farm raised.

armed2teeth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2005
I have read that the endlicheri and palmas polli are farm raised in asia, Trip P's I understand are also used as a food fish over there.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
how much would a large endlicheri cost? I stopped keeping them
2 years ago when my large senegalus jumped out of my tank. But i think
i want to have an endli now..

armed2teeth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2005
There has been some confusion in the Pacific Northwest Trip P's have been coming in as retropinnis so there has been some discussions about the two and thats the new hip abbreviation. I was talking to a lfs owner and he was saying that one of his costomer FOB told him asian farmers use them and snake heads for food in restaruants. He also said that the snake heads were usually kept in buckets "outback" and when they needed a fillet they just chopped off a steak from the back of the fish and left it there til they needed another. Sounds delicious! Dog anyone?

armed2teeth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2005
I was up in Portland this weekend and a place called the Wetspot had big 14" Chad endy's for about eighty bucks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store