my cute little 5"+ channa aaurantimaculata

Status
Not open for further replies.

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
The TRUST said:
When I was in the Philippines It was hard for me to find feeder goldfish so I used feeder tilapias:) Downside was their spiny dorsal though
over here in manila we have both feeder goldfish and katabas (mosquito fish) that are usually used for feeders.. katabas are cheaper and are the ones mostly use.. i usually only feed them to my very stubborn fish that don't want to eat frozen foods (indo tiger and peacock bass).. i've been trying for ages but these 2 just wont budge :swear:

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
aapl76 said:
true....anchor worms are regulars with goldfishes.... :swear: i make sure i quarantine all my feeders b4 i feed them to my fishes.... :)
nice auranti's you got there :) .. have you tried frozen foods on them yet? i hoping when i get mine, they would quickly take shrimp and other frozen foods..

Aggro_07

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2005
aapl76 said:
cute little fellow...can't help it when i saw her at the LFS...told myself that i got to bring her home....here she is with me with lots of 2"+ feeder platies for her :) ...kekekeke
:y220d:

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
very nice
i argree with redtail on the frist page

aapl76

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
新加坡/Singapore
kido said:
nice auranti's you got there :) .. have you tried frozen foods on them yet? i hoping when i get mine, they would quickly take shrimp and other frozen foods..
thanxs brudder.....nope...mine is on feeder platies...easier for me to feed them all with e same kind of food... :)

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
kido said:
over here in manila we have both feeder goldfish and katabas (mosquito fish) that are usually used for feeders.. katabas are cheaper and are the ones mostly use.. i usually only feed them to my very stubborn fish that don't want to eat frozen foods (indo tiger and peacock bass).. i've been trying for ages but these 2 just wont budge :swear:
I hear ya there. I am lucky that my big Peacock bass eats Pellets and only pellets. He wotn take anything else. Maybe the occasional feeder and tank mate.

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
The TRUST said:
I hear ya there. I am lucky that my big Peacock bass eats Pellets and only pellets. He wotn take anything else. Maybe the occasional feeder and tank mate.
how did you get yours to eat pellets? mine is very stubborn.. i've managed to use the splash technique to eat dilis (anchovies) but after the first one he sort of wises up and wait to see if the one i trow is moving or not and then hits it when he's sure is live :mad:

btw: sorry for the slight derailed topic..

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
PhullTank57 said:
Thanks, Wesley! :)

Unfortuneately, i no longer have the endlicheri... sold it awhile back @t 18"+. Now I regret it!! :(
Jack - i know bro! You shouldve held on to it. Theyre hard to come by at those size. True Monsters!!

Kido- when i was a kid , i used to buy feeder guppies.. they were sold by the bagfuls.
I believe they called it "isdang kanal"? (LOL) are those the same as the mosquito fish you described? Sorry to derail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store