Pit bull chews off owner's toes

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
Greenaveli;1516363; said:
Media is the worst. Honestly nobody had to mention pitbulls because it could have been any type of dog. This is a dog story not a pitbull story.
The last story similar to this, iirc, was about an 8 week old "pit bull" that the parents thought may have chewed off a couple of their infant's toes. I love how they put "pit bull" in that one when an 8 week old dog is essentially the same no matter what type it is, other than size.
And then I'm pretty sure it turned out it was actually their ferret...
I guess ferrets are nasty, mean and aggressive pets that no one should have :D

Something like this can happen regardless of breed/species under the right circumstances. If an animal has sharp teeth it can do quite a bit of damage, even if it's not a very large animal.

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
I hope he gets his pup back!!! :(

Though after a pet gets human blood in their mouth's they are usually put down regardless...As they are suspected to crave it. like anything else they eat.

bettagurl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Hampton VA
Tongue33;1516543; said:
I hope he gets his pup back!!! :(

Though after a pet gets human blood in their mouth's they are usually put down regardless...As they are suspected to crave it. like anything else they eat.
Then my dogs should all have eaten me by now as they have all drawn blood(none except one bite were being agressive, just too rough, and the one was a senile GSD). :grinno:

oscarluvr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
TEXAS
i think pit bulls are getting a bad rap, when it really is the owners fault they are and do what they do, my freind has one and it is just a big heavy teddy bear lol

kakojones

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
Florida
ShadowBass;1515573; said:
The dog was a puppy and the man was paralyzed. Puppies chew and the puppy had no idea he was chewing on something inappropriate since the man could not feel it and correct him. Most of us teach our dogs that human body parts are completely off limits to even use mouth contact on, but that wasn't possible in this case. The breed has no bearing other than the fact that a larger dog can do more damage than a smaller dog in a shorter amount of time.

I'd have some select words for your level of intelligence, but I won't use them lest I get in trouble for insulting other members. :)

Of course, I kind of figured that someone would start flaming pit bulls even based on an article that has absolutely nothing to do with aggression.

You mean the horrible grammar in his response?

Anyway, you're right the breed of dog is not an issue here. Hell, a black lab puppy could have done this.....wait a second, wasn't there a lady in france that had her dog eat her face?

Did she have a pit bull???? http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/06/international/europe/06cnd-face.html

"Ms. Dinoire described how she awoke to discover her horrible disfigurement after her black Labrador chewed off the lower part of her face while she was unconscious from taking sleeping pills last May. Some media reports said it was a suicide attempt, though she was not specifically asked about that on Monday. "

People still keep this nasty DOG (no s) too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store