Porcupine Puffer + Dogface puffer?

Jeox

" I got monkeys in me! "
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2006
Can puffers even be together? I never see it in store, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas. The dogface would be like 5'' and the porc is around 3'' :)

EDIT: Now that i think about it, the lfs also has this poor little spiny box puffer who eats and is healthy, but puffs up at the slightest disturbance. lol
Would he work with the porcupine? Both are about the same size.

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

Podpolucha

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Connecticut
What size tank do u have? fyi they all have toxins that can be relased if they die or get extremly stressed that will wipe out the entire tank

Jeox

" I got monkeys in me! "
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2006
Podpolucha;3279012; said:
What size tank do u have? fyi they all have toxins that can be relased if they die or get extremly stressed that will wipe out the entire tank
A 180, for now.
What? I thought puffer toxins were only harmful if you ate them, and even then it dissipated in captivity..

Jeox

" I got monkeys in me! "
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2006
BIG_ONE;3278990; said:
should be fine as long as its not a reef tank nor have any fish small enough for it to eat.
nope. just the puffers. and the biggest and , most elusive pistol shrimp i've ever seen that the puffers (and me for that matter) can't get to. :nilly:

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
it depends TOTALY upon the individal puffers... by theory a
spiny and a dog face will be ok together
a porc and dogface will be ok together

i have had various combinations of puffers together..some worked and some didnt and it was not a simple dogface/porcs dont work it was more this dogface didnt like this porc but did like this porc and vise versa..

metalyx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2007
Colorado
From my experience, the typical rule of thumb is no two alike puffers. Meaning a spiny puffer and a smooth puffer should be ok. Just watch out for naughty individuals.

Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store