true albino clown knife limited, and goonch

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
kevinfleming21;4580449; said:
are your goonch picky eaters? I have trouble getting one to eat but maybe every other day.
this thread is almost a year old, the fish are long gone already

kevinfleming: do you have a true goonch?

bagarius bagarius= small bagarius sp.,
bagarius suchus=flat bagarius 24" tops
bagarius rutilus=thailand yellow bagarius
bagarius yarelli Thailand=giant thai goonch, gets very brown colored
bagarius yarelli India=giant India goonch in Jeremy Wades' video, tends to be more green colored fish the last 2 both reach over 6 feet in lenght

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
fugupuff;4581376; said:
this thread is almost a year old, the fish are long gone already

kevinfleming: do you have a true goonch?

bagarius bagarius= small bagarius sp.,
bagarius suchus=flat bagarius 24" tops
bagarius rutilus=thailand yellow bagarius
bagarius yarelli Thailand=giant thai goonch, gets very brown colored
bagarius yarelli India=giant India goonch in Jeremy Wades' video, tends to be more green colored fish the last 2 both reach over 6 feet in lenght

Wes, Kevinfleming is watching my Goonch; you sold it to me earlier in this thread. I'm in China now for work so I needed a baby Goonch sitter :)
The Goonch is about one foot now and starting to bulk up. Teeth are visible! Killer fish, thank you for importing it and selling to me!

Kevin the Goonch gets feed once a week with a large thawed de-shelled shrimp. Once every other day I drop a few missives in front of him and he will eat those too. What ever is left over the polys will get.

PM me if you have any questions, I'm on here every day.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Egon;4581593; said:
Wes, Kevinfleming is watching my Goonch; you sold it to me earlier in this thread. I'm in China now for work so I needed a baby Goonch sitter :)
The Goonch is about one foot now and starting to bulk up. Teeth are visible! Killer fish, thank you for importing it and selling to me!

Kevin the Goonch gets feed once a week with a large thawed de-shelled shrimp. Once every other day I drop a few missives in front of him and he will eat those too. What ever is left over the polys will get.

PM me if you have any questions, I'm on here every day.
wow, good to hear. My goonch eats daily till its stomach gets fat. he actually swallowed a wood stick and almost died, then he finally pooped it out after a few weeks of near dying and now he is perfect again at about 16"

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
fugupuff;4582231; said:
wow, good to hear. My goonch eats daily till its stomach gets fat. he actually swallowed a wood stick and almost died, then he finally pooped it out after a few weeks of near dying and now he is perfect again at about 16"

What are you feeding? Is your goonch from the same group of Goonches you sold me? Mine might be undersized then? I have mine in an unheated 125. High flow canister filters going from one end of the tank to the other simulating a river. Good surface agitation for high O2 exchange. I have baby African cichlids in there for random feeding. I feed one large shrimp a week, twice a week Massivor, night crawler worms every once in a while. He's more than doubled in bulk size and doubled in length over the last year.
Hopefully Kevin doesn't have a new addition to his catfish collection :irked:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store