What's this on the side of the vampire tetra?

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Dimilin has worked for me with anchor worms. I use prazi/metro soaked in food for general treatments of wild caught fish. All 3 are pretty mild treatments. I know others know alot more than myself in this area tho. Not sure what ur guy may have specifically. Dont want to just start throwing the gauntlet at em yet. Id ride it out a bit and focus on feeding to boost the initial recovery. Hopefully others can offer some better advice 💀🤙
Sounds good appreciate it! I was trying to get it off live foods but I better drop the minnows back in ASAP right? Any advice on how many often and how often in this situation?

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Sounds good appreciate it! I was trying to get it off live foods but I better drop the minnows back in ASAP right? Any advice on how many often and how often in this situation?
I would yeah… i know its frowned upon these days but its better to get something in him to help the cause right now. Id feed normal, get em full then let em digest. In “emergencies” i troll the lfs for anything healthy thats on sale to serve up as sustenance 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Irecruitfish

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
I would yeah… i know its frowned upon these days but its better to get something in him to help the cause right now. Id feed normal, get em full then let em digest. In “emergencies” i troll the lfs for anything healthy thats on sale to serve up as sustenance 😂
Sounds good and I appreciate your help and just for anyone else I know if this is a detrimental situation I still appreciate and put I'm not hearing trying to blame anyone no matter what I have no clue what to do so I appreciate any input.

By the way my last question did not come across clear thanks to a few beers but how often should I spray the solution on him? So I already did it once today should I do it once daily or what?

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
It's swimming at the top which it never did before Not gasping for air but actually by the filter current. Doesn't seem to be swimming strongly but this is probably because I held him down a little bit too firm on that potty pad. The wound area looks better.

1000030648.jpg

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Id leave him be, try to feed and see what happens over a week before taking him out again. Def. Dont want or need to apply the betadine daily or anything. Glad hes still kickin for ya after “surgery”.

Reactions: Irecruitfish

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Sadly I lost him. It seemed that somebody attacked him yesterday morning because some of his fins were ripped.

Anyways I strongly believe it was my fault for putting far too much pressure on him holding it down while using the tweezers.

Thanks everyone. Live and learn.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store