Corner Chip on Acrylic

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I would personally… pint of weld-on 40 is around $35-40. You can make jigs/damns out of polypropylene, polyethylene or just packing tape. Fill the voids with ur glue then sand and buff back to flush and clear. That bottom corner is a bit iffy to run without filling it back in square or a small patch. Another option would be to run square rod on the inside to make a new/double seam.

can always fill it up and see what happens. Appears it would probably hold water fine. Looking at it would bother me tho knowing its a cheap and fairly easy fix.

Cichlids+Oddballs

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2022
Appreciate the reply. Not an acrylics expert so I just want to understand how to repair in plain language. So you are saying use packing tape to create a square mold, leave a hole in the mold, then fill the mold with acrylic glue, which comes in a gel-like form tha I presume, hardens over time. Once it hardens, then sand it to perfect shape?

The alternative is to use acrylic glue to glue an acrylic block on the inside low corner of the tank. I assume that if I did that, then I don’t really need to repair the outside unless it’s for cosmetic purposes.

Thank you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store