*Fact Sheet* Fahaka Puffer (Tetraodon lineatus)

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
splintercell H2O;4884980; said:
i was thinking of getting a fahakapuffer any suggestions on tank decor and is there any possibility of tankmates at all?
Hi there, first off how big is your tank? Fahakas generally do well in tanks with little decorations. I once had a fahaka in a planted tank but it did not work out well. They like to bury themselves in sand and that can uproot plants. Fahakas cant have tank mates because they are too agressive, but some how I have a fahaka that accepts tank mates. He is with some datnoids and a marble pim. You can try at your own risk.

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
I disagree with the light decorations. Puffers feel safer with a lot of decor to retreat into & actually will stay out more, when there is lots of decor. My fahaka loves to hang out in his cave, when sleeping & then swims the length of his 6' tank, when active.

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
Pufferpunk;4888930; said:
I disagree with the light decorations. Puffers feel safer with a lot of decor to retreat into & actually will stay out more, when there is lots of decor. My fahaka loves to hang out in his cave, when sleeping & then swims the length of his 6' tank, when active.

If its driftwood or something heavy its okay :grinno: I have a few big pieces of drift wood that my fahaka loves to hide in sometimes :)

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
No need to bump a sticky.

onlyreallionsfan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2011
Michigan
I have a baby Fahaka (1.5 inches) any way I can raise him with catfish that will get to a similar size in the hopes that he tolerates them when he reaches his full size?

kevinfleming21

Jurassic Aquatics
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Pufferpunk;4888930; said:

My big female Fahaka really does not like decor in her tank, she is happiest when there is nothing but substrate to sleep on. Just my experiences though

onlyreallionsfan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2011
Michigan
I've done a lot of research and I know it isnt a community fish... I was just wondering if anyone has had success with keeping tank mates... I have other tanks that I could move the possible tank mates to if my Fahaka wont accept them... Right now he gets along just fine with all of the fish that are with him. Im hoping his attitude towards the others stays the same.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store