MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
different by how much?

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/to-help-you-we-need-a-little-help-please.671346/

^^^^if you just answer this questionare, we might actually be able to help. There's not nearly enough information in this thread for anyone to help with anything. You must understand, we need information
What else info u need? I already said my water Para and what condition my fish having, tanks is 1 yr old and it's only 1 fish in tank and 1 plant with sand

My water in tank - ph is 7.6
Tap water - 7.8

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
What else info u need? I already said my water Para and what condition my fish having, tanks is 1 yr old and it's only 1 fish in tank and 1 plant with sand

My water in tank - ph is 7.6
Tap water - 7.8
we NEED you to fill out the questionnaire that we linked you to THREE TIMES. That thread was made for a reason. Have you even read it yet?

For now, it sounds like he doesn't like your tap water, you should test the tap water for all readings. Maybe your water isn't meant for Arrowanas. I can't answer you without more information, and even then we don't know for sure

Last edited:

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?

don't know since when I get back from work I came home and saw my fish body that look like an S.

2. Symptoms

sunken stomach and curved body.

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried?

none so far except weekly water changes since I don't know whats causing it.

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish?

125gal, almost 1 yr, only have 1 fish and about 5 inch?

5.Water change regime (What percentage and how often).

25% water changes weekly if its 10-20ppm of nitrate, if nitrate at 40ppm water change will be 50%.

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?

the tank is almost 1 yr old and it have pool filter silicone sand in it mybe 1-2 inch.

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the pH swing?

I don't age my water.

8. Parameters and water source;

- temp _80____

- pH ___7.6__

- ammonia reading _0___

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading __20__

9. What water type you use?

tap water

10. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently?

no

11. What are the fish fed? How much and how often?

feeder guppy, ghost shrimp, frozen bloodworm, frozen shrimp

12. picture of the disease.

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
oky I just tested the tap water with the high ph tester and it shows my tap water ph is 8.8. the 7.6 was from just the regular testing and that's the highest but the color is darker. so I think mybe my tap water ph is making my jardini like that.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
oky I just tested the tap water with the high ph tester and it shows my tap water ph is 8.8. the 7.6 was from just the regular testing and that's the highest but the color is darker. so I think mybe my tap water ph is making my jardini like that.
you bet your ass it is.

Time to switch to R/O or start using bags of peat moss in replacement water before adding it to drop the PH.....there are other things that will drop PH too, I can' t think of off-hand. We need some more experienced players here. Good GOD, 8.8PH??? What state/country are you in????

Oddball Oddball duanes duanes RD. RD. Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7 dan518 dan518 cich78 cich78 P predatorkeeper87 tlindsey tlindsey Beetlebug515 Beetlebug515 K krichardson pops pops Chicxulub Chicxulub Charney Charney JK47 JK47 UnstoppableJayD UnstoppableJayD wednesday13 wednesday13 Wailua Boy Wailua Boy T Thekid thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter peathenster peathenster mrrobxc mrrobxc MP_cichlid MP_cichlid moe214 moe214 justarn justarn Ihsnshaik Ihsnshaik Freshwaterpredators Freshwaterpredators Evz jardini Evz jardini DBLN8 DBLN8 convict360 convict360 Aquanero Aquanero

Help guys, I figured out the problem, but I don't know the answers to this one. I think it's PH-Shock

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
um can I use the seachem neutral buffer 7.0 powder on the bucket of water before adding it in the tank? and can I mix prime with the buffer? I live in sf,ca

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store