04-2018 Rare fish stock list, many rare fish!

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Catfish

Brachyplatystoma juruense - Rio Nanay 5" super robust well started ones with clean patterns $85.00 each

Brachyplatystoma rousseauxii - giant dorado catfish, that is metallic in color, can reach 6 feet in the wild 4" well started specimens $125.00 each

Brachyplatystoma tigrinum - Tigrinus catfish. This iconic fish needs no introduction. Probably one of the most sought after and striking display for a freshwater aquarium. 4" $125.00 each 6" $175.00 each

Tachysurus cf. ussuriensis - long cat from China, with round face, that is super rare, you'll rarely find these in the USA. can tolerate cold water, will reach 24" plus $100.00 each

Liobagrus sp. -crazy head catfish from China, max around 7" will hide and eat and hide. but super cool worm like fish. 5" $45.00 each

pseudauchenipterus nodosus - coco soda cat from Suriname. Rarely available in the US. will swim in the current and eat pellets. Max size 14" These are currently 4-5" big., $75.00 each

Cichlids
Cichla kelberi Bahia gold 4" eating pellets $45.00- only one available
Cichla intermedia 4" eating pellets $150.00 only one available
Pterophyllum leopoldi - captive bred 3-4" rare elongated angel fish $35.00
Pterophyllum altum - true wild altums, raised from babies. these are semi adults, about 8" tall, eating pellets and black worms. $135.00 each well started, disease free, kept in tap water.

Geophagus winemilleri 3-4" body size beautiful markings already. Rarely available, not many around right now $35.00 each

Geophagus sveni 4-5" body size without the tail streamers. The holy grail of colorful geophagus! Super colored up already, for instant gratification
$85.00 each. Limited supply

Geophagus taeniopareius smaller cousin with stripe on the face. 3-3.5" big right now., max around 6" $35.00 each

Satanoperca pappaterra - WoW. I didn't realize how nice these are. The have gold flecks on their backs, red eyes and red bottom fins, almost like a marine porgy! 5-6" body, only a few available $165.00 each

Acaricthys heckeli albino 2" $25.00 each. These were just new a year or so ago. Albino threadfin geophagus. the males will display a big hump, and lips that turn red, and still sport blue spots on the fins.

Hoplarchus psittacus - Parrot cichlid. Not a parrot fish! These are green giant monsters from the Rio Negro., can reach the size of a dinner plate. with red throat. Delicate and docile, but will eat smaller fish. 5" body $75.00 each
Heros severus 3.5" captive bred super red ones high quality, brighter red than red parrots, great peaceful fish that can grow to 8" disc. These are better color and quality than any ones you'll find in the USA $30.00 each

Perch like fish

Siniperca chuatsi 6" thick body size $100.00 each good condition

Siniperca knerii - big eye siniperca. This fish can reach 12" or so, looks almost just like chuatsi, but not as aggressive, not as big or predatory. beautiful green lines over gold body and yellowish tail. 5-6" $125.00 each

Maccullochella peelii - murray cod. 5" $115.00 each
These are captive bred animals. I went to the farm to see them myself, took pictures of some that were about 50 pounds each. they're like true giant freshwater groupers! They are eating pellets
Epinephelus lanceolatus - giant Queensland grouper. Will grow to 8 feet or so max, probably a bit smaller in captivity. Don't worry, these were captive bred animals, otherwise destined for restaurants. So buying them, keeping them, is saving them, even if it means you'll only be able to house them for one year, its still better than them being butchered. 3" babies, very nice markings, can live in brackish, as their parents were grown in brackish. Or you can convert them into marine water, let them think they've made it into the ocean. When small they swim like a clown fish, wagging their tails. $100.00 each.
Datnoides campbelli "NGT" New Guinea Datnoid 7" $175.00 each, only a couple available, end of season.

Barbs / Cyprinids

Ptychidio jordani - 5-8" the fish with a hook at the end of the mouth and barbels, the most bizarre.
looking barb and rare! $150.00 each easy to keep, and peaceful, max size around 12"

Tor sinensis - a Chinese masheer! 3" big, will eat anything. If you collect masheers, its a must have $55.00 each

Neolissochilus benasi -4" big- a beautifully shaped masheer with a broken black line along the body, definitely unusual. and super rare , only a few of these available., and they can reach 20" big. $150.00 each

Acrossocheilus kreyenbergii -4" super rare Acrossocheilus sp. with pink body and red tail, and black band. will each 8" or so, seems to be peaceful with other fish so far. $75.00 each
these have never been imported before.

Luciobarbus brachycephalus - 16" show piece (sold)

Spinibarbus denticulatus - 2" $25.00 each. These barbs start turning green with red face and fins around 8-10" and reach a max of 18" just stunning and great peaceful mix in large predatory community., they will hold their own. tolerates wide range of temperatures

Catlocarpio siamensis - captive bred 2.5" specimens. These are the most delicate with in the world. they're most peaceful and non aggressive. will not harm a fly. and will not be able to compete for food. They would do great to clean the sand and bottom of a tank. but they can grow and reach 300 plus pounds in the wild. Its endangered in the wild, but luckily farms are breeding them $45.00 each

Tor putitora 5" $125.00 each The giant masheers of the Himalayan foothill, that can reach 4 feet with bright yellow fins and golden scales that rival that of an Asian arowana. Loaches

Triplophysa siluroides - Rare ! these are giant loaches that can grow to 30" big, and look like a Leopard shark. They will dart up to chase and hunt feeders. They do require tank water to be less than 70 degrees to thrive. They come from the head water of the Mighty Yangtze River. These are currently 8" and will eat feeders and cut shrimp. I've been able to get them to eat pellets in the past with little training. $125.00 each.

Leptobotia micropthalmus - tiny eye loach, max size 4" and these are around 3" big now, they range from orange to pink to brown. Probably live on the bottom of the muddy Yangtze river, with little use of their eyes. We have found a couple albinos in the past. $45.00 each.

Sinibotia pulchra, and robusta, these are active loaches, green zebra like pattern, max size around 6", can tolerate cold water. will eat anything $25.00 each

Homatula potanini 3-4" can grow to 6"
brown ones $15.00 each
pied ones $45.00 each
gold ones / albino / leucistic $75.00 each only a few
these are active swimmers, constantly looking for food, easy to keep. reddish tail, brown body with some black spots. super cool

Characins

the real Dorado True Salminus brasiliensis 6" babies, eating cut fish and training to eat pellets. these have the big round head and will turn bright gold, just arrived with my Argentina plecos, the real deal. Different than the Brazillian imported ones with the pointy face and get less yellow. these are like goliaths of the dorado with a huge mouth that is pretty obvious, don't miss out. $100.00 each, discount for 5 or more

Super rare silver dollar from Suriname
Myloplus rhomboidalis - with black dorsal and silver anal fin 4" body very limited numbers $125.00 each.

Hydrocynus vittatus 4-5" $115.00 each
great looking, red eyes, red tail, black stripes, easy to keep.
End of season

Hydrocynus goliath. 4" $135.00 each. These are the largest growing tiger fish, needs no further description., the largest predator patrolling the Congo River.
Myleus sp. "Black berry" These are A grade ones, with clean black markings and very red fins., about half dollar size $100.00 each.

Bottom dwellers
Corydoras pantanalensis Rare ! 1.75" little swimming gold nuggets! One of the most sought after and colorful cories. These get large! $75.00 each limited supply

Corydoras boesemani 1.5" Suriname wild- these are rare and amazingly marked ! $75.00 each

L134 Leopard frog - Peckoltia compta . Super nice, rare even in the wild or export. These are organic, environmentally friendly, F1. about 2" size $55.00 each

L128 - Blue phantom plecos - blue tail with blue spots on a velvety black body 2" $30.00 each.
Still environmentally friendly :)

Hypostomus luteus - only phase 3 available, only a few available 15" big, solid yellow $$$ ask if you're serious.

Hemiancistrus medianus Rare ! 8-10" breeder size, a group of 4 available $250.00 each

Oddballs

Propterus aethiopicus - giant African lung fish 8" babies $75.00 each

Kuhlia rupestris - red tail kuhlia - a jungle perch, that is often kept with Asian arowanas in Taiwan., can live in salt or freshwater, max size 12" - you won't find these anywhere else in the USA. $35.00 each.

Omobranchus fasciolaticeps - crested tooth blenny. These guys can and may bite your fingers and draw blood from it. One of my favorite, comical interactive fish. Can live from full salt to prolonged times in freshwater, or forever in light brackish. They're found under rocks when the tide goes out, and the water gets super hot or super cold then it turns fresh and then goes to salt. I've caught them many times under rocks with no water at all. 3" buggers $45.00 each. Did I say these are my favorite???

Rhinogobius filamentosus - super cool, medium sized Rhinogobius from remote parts of Guangxi, China. Great colors and tall dorsal fins. sold in pairs $75.00 per pair. only very few available.

Rhyacichthys aspro - half loach- half goby, will crawl up on glass or dart out of current to catch brine shrimp and black worms. 2-3" $35.00 each max size can reach 6"
Glyptothorax sp. "India" 3" little mini goonch like catfish $25.00 each. will eat anything small enough they can swallow. Will look cool in small fast water tanks.
We also have access to some of the first captive bred potamotrygon boesemani in the USA. AAA quality high end black diamonds and some wild boesemani rays as well. Can be arranged to be shipped and sold to legal states only. Serious inquiries only

Please email me in a separate email what you want in the title, it will help me not miss out on your order or questions.

email me at amazonaq@gmail.com for serious inquiries.
paypal to amazonaq@gmail.com
shipping via fedex overnight to your door for all smaller fish. runs about $50-75 dollars for most States. Pick up available in Southern California.
live arrival guaranteed.

If this is your first time ordering, please read!

Business policy: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/business-policy-must-read.320235/

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
I am told you may be the guy to get a marbled lungfish from. Don’t see it available at the moment. How often do you get them in, and what is the usually price shipped? Coming up on warmer months and I would like to track one down.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Email him. Will get a quicker reply.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I am told you may be the guy to get a marbled lungfish from. Don’t see it available at the moment. How often do you get them in, and what is the usually price shipped? Coming up on warmer months and I would like to track one down.
it's on the list as, and shipping varies on how far you are.

Propterus aethiopicus - giant African lung fish 8" babies $75.00 each

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store