09-2018 Rare fish Stock list/ some never imported before

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
I hereby challenge all the hobbyists to read this: We should try to venture out of our comfort zone when keeping fish. Not think outside the box, but to not have a box at all. Our world is not limited by a shape or form. Instead of keeping cichlids and catfish, think about other countries, and new fish. Instead of following what everyone else is doing, try something new. I'm here to introduce you to new fish, and new things. Don't ask me about the fish other vendors are getting to compare prices.
Many of the fish are new even to me., so take the challenge to try them, and learn about them, it makes the hobby so much more interesting. Many of these fish will sell out very fast, and no more will become available in the near future. Remember wild fish collection depends on weather, water, fisherman, quality of fish, shipping arrangements etc. I cannot just order from a catalogue or walk into a wholesaler to pick out what I want.
Barbs / Cyprinids
Tor sinensis "Yunnan Province" rare, like tor putitora, but has taller back, redder tail. can reach about 30" in the wild. super rare. We are the only ones in the USA that distributes this fish. These are all wild caught, so the sizes will vary. 3-4" $75.00 each 6-7" $150.00 each
Neolissochilus benasi - Lao Cai Province/ Red river basin, Kungming China. Also super rare and amazing colors., with gold and iridescent scales and a crooked black line along the body makes an amazing display. They can reach 30" in the wild. These are wild fish, you will not find from anyone else in the USA supplying them. 3-4" $100.00 each 5-6" $175.00 each
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...set=pcb.1947978175256369&type=3&theater&ifg=1
Tor tambra "the true Malaysian red masheer" 7", 10", 12" wild hand caught specimens. This is the most expensive fish from the country. This is 1000 times rarer than the Asian arowana, their scales will have the potential to turn the same color, with shades of red and blue. The fun part is how you raise them. The reddest ones come from area where they eat wild figs and flowers. $600-1000 each. Individual experiences with final outcome of the product will vary, they're easy to keep and feed. I will keep a group myself, and if anyone accepts the challenge to see who can grow the reddest ones with me, the game is on!
Neolissochilus stracheyi 14" wild big one, with blue fins that is easy to see. Only one, wild from Burma/China boarder $380.00.
Hemibarbus maculatus 6-8" big, very stable, a sand sifting barb that reaches 18" or so in the wild, from Northern China/Russia boarder. Peaceful, but is also predatory, I've seen them eat smaller fish with ease. Only a handful available $125.00 each
Spinibarbus denticulatus - 3-4" $45.00 each. These barbs start turning green with red face and fins around 8-10" and reach a max of 18" just stunning and great peaceful mix in large predatory community., they will hold their own. tolerates wide range of temperatures.

Tor putitora 8-9" size, thick and healthy. $150 each.
Great Himalayan masheers. These can reach 5 feet in the wild, with golden scales and yellow tail. The art of keeping this fish is what you feed them and tan them, will make their colors intensify as they grow. Great for most community fish as long as they can't be eaten.
Cyprinus spp. "Guangxi" these are wild carp variations with mirrored scales. I've caught small ones before, in the area, all are either leather or mirror, probably many years of evolving led them to this mutation in the region. 6-7" $250.00 each
Cyprinus spp. "gold leather" These are gold/orange/green tint with leather skin and some scales, 11-12" big. Wild fish $380.00 each, can be kept and shown in pond or fish tank. Only 5 pieces total
Raimas guttatus " Yunnan" 4" one piece only $65.00 can reach 15" and very active, non stop moving.
Catfish
Silurus meridionalis "Yangtze big mouth cat" Regular colored 10" $150.00 each
these can reach 4-5 feet, will eat out of your hand in a bucket, will eat tank mates small enough to be eaten. They're so hardy that they don't even need a filter, I'm sure they'll ban these in the near future.
Silurus meridionalis "albino" only selected few pieces available each year, 8-10"
$550 each
Don't free them in the local water after you buy them!
Clupisoma sinense - like an iridescent shark, this fish is so rare its never been exported or kept in the USA hobby I'm confident to say. they constantly move, will eat cut fish pieces when they smell the food. can reach around a foot or so. This fish is rare in the wild, rare online, non in the hobby. Difficult to ship, easy to keep. Sold as a group only. Shipped air cargo only.
7" big total 6 pieces available., serious inquiries only please.
Synodontis angelicus 4" true pure bred, captive bred, free of internal parasites. These have been gone from the hobby for many years. Jet black with polkadots. Very cool fish $75.00 each
Pseudobagrus longirostris - Chinese shark catfish - grows to 15" and predatory. They originally come from the Yangtze river. This is something you will not see or find at a regular fish store. $45.00 each
Tachysurus ussuriensis - the Russian KGb submarine catfish, that is where they come from and what they remind me of, a submarine, super long body, can reach 2 feet in length, round head, and deep water reflective blue/green eyes that peer out of the dark. 7-8" $175.00 each, only a handful available. Surprisingly easy to keep.

Wallago attu Yunnan River 6" only had one piece. the man eater from China, can reach 5 feet, mouth like a pacman catfish. $125.00

Bagarius yarelli "Yunnan red river" 12" each, 2 pieces only super rare this year. only 2 pieces available. $300.00 each
Calophysus macropterus "vulture cat" hardy, eager to eat, and eager to please. will swim in a school, can live with other fish. can reach 24" easily. like a miniature lince catfish. 6" $45.00 each.
Pseudauchenipterus nodosus - 4-5" group of 6 available, eating pellets vigorously $75.00 each
Synodontis granulosus wild 5" group of 6 available serious inquiries only., super hard to come by in the past few years. Email for price.
Bottom dwellers
Rhinelepis aspera - 6" each, have 2 only, super rare, jet black, very flat pleco from the Parana River basin. This pleco you won't find in your mom pops store $125.00 each

Hypostomus luteus 15" phase 3 only a few pieces this time of the year. These fish have the most intense gold yellow color in all of the freshwater fish with the size to match. It will make most cichlids look pale in comparison. It will compliement the best of the stingrays and even Asian arowana which non of us have in the USA. They are peaceful, scavengers, can reach 18-20" in the wild. with super high dorsal fin. You will not find these at your local stores, almost all the ones in the USA are from me right now. Serious inquiries only.
Parancistrus aurantiacus - gold xanto pleco. Super gold colors, good for smaller well filtered tanks. only 2 pieces available to me. 6" eyeball size. $350.00 each.

Oddballs
Propterus amphibius -
gilled dwarf lung fish
6" babies $275.00 each only one available
Propterus aethiopicus 7" $65.00 each
giant largest of lung fish, can reach 5 feet or more.
Papyrocrannus afer "polkadot pom pom knife" selected for nice patters. great show piece and size
10" $100.00 2 piece
16" $400.00 2 pieces
18" $500.00 1 piece
Tetradon mbu "giant" gentle puffers, can reach 36" in captivity and will not usually bother other fish nor will they eat small fish. These are pure freshwater. sold out, more coming before the season ends.
Gymnothorax polyuranodon - I've kept them in pure fresh for years., my customer kept them with discus. Current study states they do not go into Marine water. Some never even enter brackish water. This is one of the only true moray eels that do this. I've had some 48 inch ones in the past. "sold out"

I have about 10 different species of Chinese gobies on hand, mostly new and they're undergoing quarantine at this time, once ready I will take pictures and ship them. In the meantime, just sit tight.
I have some Leptobotia pelligrini, reveesai, sinibotia etc also under quarantine.
Cichlids
Etroplus canarensis - sold out the first day they got here.
Cichla kelberi 3-4" captive bred "bahia" gold eating pellets with gusto,
$40.00 each
Acariicthys heckeli Albino 3" albino geophagus fish, super easy to keep and beautiful addition for bottom feeders. $35.00 each
Crenicichla multispinossa
13" giants. Only 1available
$145.00 each
Crenicichla semifaciata - wild, rare group of 5, males and females mixed. have been in captivity for a few months now. sold as group $600.00
Geophagus taeniopareius smaller cousin with stripe on the face. 3-3.5" big right now., max around 6" $35.00 each

Hoplarchus psittacus - Parrot cichlid. Not a parrot fish! These are green giant monsters from the Rio Negro., can reach the size of a dinner plate. with red throat. Delicate and docile, but will eat smaller fish. 5" body $75.00 each
Heros sp. 4-5" captive bred super red ones high quality, brighter red than red parrots, great peaceful fish that can grow to 8" disc. These are better color and quality than any ones you'll find in the USA $35.00 each
Geophagus sveni - "Sao Francisco" F1. 5" super nice, healthy and colored up. $75.00 each. Will be ready to breed in less than a year.

Characins
Hoplias aimara 12" one piece only. eat cut fish readily $650.00
This is the ultimate predator, from Suriname, will bite your hand if you're not paying attention.
Hydrolycus armatus "giant sabertooth" these are not like the little ones that die easily. These will reach about 36" in an aquarium., and can live for a long time ! They can easily be trained to take strips of fish. This is the beginning of the season. 6" size range $130.00 each
Myloplus sp. "Brazil" These are medium sized wild Silver dollars for the aficionado connoisseurs grade of silver dollar/pacu type. They have a gold orange anal fin and greenish body. Will look amazing when they grow big, this is not a common one you will see from your local fish store. They have a beak on them as well. $75.00 each quarter to half dollar size.

Perch like fish
Lateolabrax japonicus - Japanese perch, 3.5" inch, eating cut shrimp., Habitat: freshwater, brackish, marine. can reach 36" in the wild, predatory, probably non kept in the private aquarium in the USA right now., is a guess. $100.00 each only 2 pieces available. No guarantee on your individual success in keeping them.

Tetraroge barbatus 4" 1 piece only $125.00
barbatus, Apistus Cuvier [G.] in Cuvier & Valenciennes . Tetrarogidae. Distribution: Indo-West Pacific: Indonesia and Philippines east to Palau and New Guinea, north to Ryukyu Islands, south to New Caledonia. Habitat: freshwater, brackish, marine.
No guarantee on your individual success in keeping them.

We also have access to some of the first captive bred potamotrygon boesemani in the USA. AAA quality high end black diamonds and some wild boesemani rays as well. Can be arranged to be shipped and sold to legal states only. Serious inquiries only

Please email me in a separate email what you want in the title, it will help me not miss out on your order or questions.

email me at amazonaq@gmail.com for serious inquiries.
paypal to amazonaq@gmail.com

shipping via fedex overnight to your door for all smaller fish. runs about $50-75 dollars for most States. Pick up available in Southern California.
live arrival guaranteed.
For larger orders or larger fish, air cargo is a must., minimum order $500 for air cargo shipments.

If this is your first time ordering, please read!

Business policy: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/business-policy-must-read.320235/

Our original fish journal on Monsterfishkeepers.com! MFK rules!
Like us on Facebook, pictures of past and present collection and rare fish finds from the net!
Our blog full of travel pictures, fish, food, and some rants!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Great list!

mach6

Feeder Fish
Oct 5, 2018
Nice fish, don't have a tank big enough but would be interested if you can get shrimps from China region.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Those Clupisoma sinense are awesome but I don't have a tank big enough for the school :(. Anybody wanna donate me a 180 gallon?

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
I’ll take up the challenge on some of those gobies you are quarantining. When are they out of QT and when will you release the list of what species you have?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Who's sending to South Africa?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store