10.000 liters inner pond, a new start...

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
Hey you all...

after less than one year, I wasn't able to keep this inner pond empty... so I made up my mind and found a way to start it again...

Here is the old topic, with more than 10 years of story... https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...i-need-your-help-in-conception.398603/page-28

And here is the new topic, for the 2nd version of it...

as an appetizer come and dive with me in this 2nd version of my "monster tank" :

and now, I'm gonna show you what it took to come back with this tank...

follow me...

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
Just to remind you. In March 2022, I found out that the amazonian tank had another leaking problem... it was the 4th... it was too much... I placed my monsters between March and May and then, emptied the tank... But after a few months... a friend of mine, Manager in AQUATIS Lausanne Vivarium Aquarium (a public organisation) called me and say :

hey, I have a "small tank" that I'd like to rearrange with reptiles instead of asian fish... are you interested in taking them to your place ?

As I am weak, I said "sure, what are we talking about ?". And we're mainly talking about 2 mature Mastacembelus erythrotaenia... You bet I am interested...

So, let's take it back from the start... Statement in January-February 2023 :

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
Then I had to collect the substrate, the filters, the rocks, and to finish to empty it... to prepare for the works of waterproofing...

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
first step : how could I spare $ 5.000 to pay the waterproofing work...

second step : from very far the most difficult : to present the stuff to my wife and make her think it's absolutely necessary to our wedding... I'm MUST fill it back... or die in despair... another fascinating story, but you don't want to know how pervert and retorse I had to be to gain this approbation...

third step : the works...

Reactions: phreeflow

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
the machine to destroy the older waterproof (not so much any more) layouts... a disk connected on a vacuum cleaner

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
then a second day of work with 2 workers to install a PVC grid on the wall, sealed into an epoxy glue. It's supposed to give structure AND to keep the base layout not too rigid (that was the root cause of the leaking of the epoxy leak in 2022)

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
3rd day : prepare and glue in epoxy, and in one strike, the Thermo Plastic Elastomere layout :

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
this time : no doubt... professionals will do it !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store