120 Gallon Stocking Ideas

That Trinindad Pleco

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2022
What if I went with Discus? Would the 5’ be better then? And isn’t it a more show tank length because 5’ tanks are rarer than 4’ and 6’?

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Just discus you’d be good with the 95, either would work though.

That Trinindad Pleco

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2022
Ok, I might instead go 6-8 Discus and a Sunshine Pleco. What loaches and other schooling fish would go good with those fish in a 95 or 120?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
One of the problems in keeping Pleco's with discus is the pleco's are often nocturnal feeders, opportunistic, omnivores, and appreciate the taste of the discus slime coat, so are known to attach to the sleeping discus at night, and suck off their slime coat, injuring them.
I believe the tank would be fine for discus, and maybe some geographically correct tetras as dither fish, but without the pleco.

Last edited:

That Trinindad Pleco

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2022
One of the problems in keeping Pleco's with discus is the pleco's are often nocturnal feeders, opportunistic, omnivores, and appreciate the taste of the discus slime coat, so are known to attach to the sleeping discus at night, and suck off their slime coat, injuring them.
I believe the tank would be fine for discus, and maybe some geographically correct tetras as dither fish, but without the pleco.
Ok, so if I went with Discus then no Pleco.

Reactions: tlindsey

That Trinindad Pleco

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2022
I suggest you do plenty of research on Discus prior to getting them.
Yeah, I changed my mind, since this is gonna be my last tank, at least for a while. So I decided to get a “Big Tank” a 180 Gallon, I made a post about that if you wanna check it out. It’s called Tire Track Eel Minimum Tank Size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store