1700 Gallon Stingray River

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Enough of this cell phone business....I have to go and fire up the desktop so I can view these photos on a decent sized screen.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I'm sure you already know this but plecos and gars are a bad mix. Especially with thousands of $ in gars in the tank I would never take the risk. It is only a matter of time before something happens. Anyways the tank looks amazing, its actually my inspiration, were there any signs of breeding yet within the gars?

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Awesome setup! I can not believe I didn't see this until just now :eek:

raymondk394

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
san bernadino
I have a 135 and want to do your same tank but on a much smaller scale it has actually been my dream to do what you've done but never even knew how to start I just have one question how did you get your land elevated so fish can swim under ?

Sent from my SGH-T599N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lardieleftover

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
san diego
This guy is #1. I'm jealous. I want rays and gars and all the nice things!

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Here are the answers to the most common questions-
Do Poison dart frogs become food? not really-poison dart frogs don't actually swim(but they can). Since they are completely terrestrial-the 2 never mix. If by chance one was eaten it wouldn't hurt the fish. Poison dart frogs loose their toxicity in captivity. To date no frogs have never been eaten.

How do elevate the land? I build a shelf out of PVC and eggcrate. I hide the supports many ways, rocks,driftwood, styrofoam mixed with cocofiber etc etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store