172 Gallon Marine Predator Build

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
I would like to see more large marine setups. The aggressive and predatory fish sections get no action.

T Thekid when you resort to name calling and basing you defense on a person's Grammer you are on the losing end of an arguement. I currently breed yellow stingrays and bullseye stingrays. There is a member here who is breeding cow noses, which are NOT a stingray. You want a source look at Wikipedia. With improved collecting and shipping methods over the past years people have been successful with blue dots. Someone on Shark Ray Central breeds them.

T Thekid do you mind sharing your marine water changing setup that does not involve buckets, reading, measuring, waiting, stirring, and testing. I personally hate doing water changes, especially since it costs me about $20 to do after salt and RODI stuff.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I would like to see more large marine setups. The aggressive and predatory fish sections get no action.

T Thekid when you resort to name calling and basing you defense on a person's Grammer you are on the losing end of an arguement. I currently breed yellow stingrays and bullseye stingrays. There is a member here who is breeding cow noses, which are NOT a stingray. You want a source look at Wikipedia. With improved collecting and shipping methods over the past years people have been successful with blue dots. Someone on Shark Ray Central breeds them.

T Thekid do you mind sharing your marine water changing setup that does not involve buckets, reading, measuring, waiting, stirring, and testing. I personally hate doing water changes, especially since it costs me about $20 to do after salt and RODI stuff.
I didn't start grammar he did-
This is what you are having a fit about. You don't like that's fine. Right now you sound like the drug homeless going rambling on about nothing. You pick one or two sentence and then go off on some stupid tangent.
As for waterchanges I have a 55 gallon trash barrel that has a top off sensor feom a toilet on it hooked up to my RODI system then the RODI runs until the Barrel is full. I have a dosing pump that I picked up from a local auction to dose salt then I have a wave maker and a heater in there then I have premixed water on tap ready to go whenever I need it.

Last edited:

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
I am very familiar with Paul and what he does. I don't think he breeds cow noses and I know for a fact be does not make his lively hood breeding cownose. I am not going to discuss him or what he does. Since you tagged him I am sure he will chime in.

What doser you using that doses solids? You use a barrel and not a bucket, that is playing somatics. A barrel might even be a type of bucket. You still wait for your Rodi and for salt to mix. You are also using a doser, powerhead and salt. I will like to see if anyone agrees with your system being just as cheap and easy as a normal freshwater water change.

Picture of this setup? It is very interesting.

T Thekid you aren't fooling anyone. We know you have no idea what you are talking about. Take it easy I don't want you to get to dizzy with all the circles you are running.

Maybe sharing your experiences with elasmos will help your credibility.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I am very familiar with Paul and what he does. I don't think he breeds cow noses and I know for a fact be does not make his lively hood breeding cownose. I am not going to discuss him or what he does. Since you tagged him I am sure he will chime in.

What doser you using that doses solids? You use a barrel and not a bucket, that is playing somatics. A barrel might even be a type of bucket. You still wait for your Rodi and for salt to mix. You are also using a doser, powerhead and salt. I will like to see if anyone agrees with your system being just as cheap and easy as a normal freshwater water change.

Picture of this setup? It is very interesting.

T Thekid you aren't fooling anyone. We know you have no idea what you are talking about. Take it easy I don't want you to get to dizzy with all the circles you are running.

Maybe sharing your experiences with elasmos will help your credibility.
I know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not the first generation elasmos keeper in the family. My dad bred banded catsharks in the 90's in stock troughs in his basement and he got me my own pup a few years ago that I kept until I tried a mix of fish that didn't work with the specimen and he was put down due to a significant injury that caused him to spill his guts out.

As far as my setup it mixes constantly throughout and is courtesy of a plumber friend my dad has.
My setup is no different than the people who run aging chambers for their rays or discus.

Aren't you the guy who asked about keeping a nurse shark with a coral cat?

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
My dad was a commando in the Israeli military. That doesn't make me a commando.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
My dad was a commando in the Israeli military. That doesn't make me a commando.
Reminds me about how I actually keep a shark and how you didn't actually go into the military.

But congrats on be the son of a commando.

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
I know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not the first generation elasmos keeper in the family. My dad bred banded catsharks in the 90's in stock troughs in his basement and he got me my own pup a few years ago that I kept until I tried a mix of fish that didn't work with the specimen and he was put down due to a significant injury that caused him to spill his guts out.

As far as my setup it mixes constantly throughout and is courtesy of a plumber friend my dad has.
My setup is no different than the people who run aging chambers for their rays or discus.

Aren't you the guy who asked about keeping a nurse shark with a coral cat?
What's is the scientific name for the banded catshark? It might of been me that asked but I don't remember. If you stalked out my pasts posts and I posted it then I asked. I do have a pair of STN.If I don't know something I will ask. I won't pretend I know what I am talking about and try to put people who do down.

I am looking forward to pictures of you automated mixing station. What kind of doser are you using?

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
What's is the scientific name for the banded catshark? It might of been me that asked but I don't remember. If you stalked out my pasts posts and I posted it then I asked. I do have a pair of STN.If I don't know something I will ask. I won't pretend I know what I am talking about and try to put people who do down.

I am looking forward to pictures of you automated mixing station. What kind of doser are you using?
Chiloscyllium griseum for grays and Chiloscyllium Punctaman(sp?) for Browns.

It's a chemistry one from an old university worker. Similar to this-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdCfNAyLY_Q

Good for you for having a code of morals. That's rare in today's society.

This thread is a dead horse. I'm bailing if these stuck ups from reef central need to get their fun on here if they've scared away everyone from their own site.

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
T Thekid why did you delete the P Ppoeschl tag?

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
Chiloscyllium griseum for grays and Chiloscyllium Punctaman(sp?) for Browns.

It's a chemistry one from an old university worker. Similar to this-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdCfNAyLY_Q
I liks those sharks. My buddy has a breeding group of greys. The two sharks you listed aren't catsharks as you stated. They are bamboo sharks.

This thread is a dead horse.

It is but it is still fun to see how much BS you will spew.

I am looking foward to seeing pictures of the water changing system.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store