24k gallon lagoon. Stocking inquiry?

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
I am just thinking out loud here for my future behemoths. I found this aluminum aboveground pool that is about 24k gallons and I was wondering if there would be a possibility to throw a decent shark in there?

I was thinking either of these:

Scalloped Hammerhead (Sphyrna lewini)
Scalloped bonnethead (Sphyrna corona)
whitetip reef shark (Triaenodon obesus)
dwarf spotted wobbegong (Orectolobus parvimaculatus)

Or any other suggestions?

Screenshot_20200429-134001_Chrome.jpg

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Great White! Nah....

Sounds like fun though! Build a deck around it! Fun!

Reactions: Matteus

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
If anything you could try a horned shark moderately uncommon no cites permits needed and grow to a decent size also ill like to see what happens with that pond.

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
How about a super large reef tank? lol

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
How about a super large reef tank? lol
That is technically possible but then fiances coral is expensive most large saltwater fish arent reef safe and coral need microscopic food and uvb for the algae that grows in them overall bad idea for a reef but an alternative you could do is a mini mangrove forest if your gonna keep it outside

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
That is technically possible but then fiances coral is expensive most large saltwater fish arent reef safe and coral need microscopic food and uvb for the algae that grows in them overall bad idea for a reef but an alternative you could do is a mini mangrove forest if your gonna keep it outside
Wow! That was one sentence. lol. There are plpeant of reef safe fish. Just it would be impossible to mangae to SG in a tank that large because of evaporation. lighting would also be an issue.

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
I am just thinking out loud here for my future behemoths. I found this aluminum aboveground pool that is about 24k gallons and I was wondering if there would be a possibility to throw a decent shark in there?

I was thinking either of these:

Scalloped Hammerhead (Sphyrna lewini)
Scalloped bonnethead (Sphyrna corona)
whitetip reef shark (Triaenodon obesus)
dwarf spotted wobbegong (Orectolobus parvimaculatus)

Or any other suggestions?

View attachment 1415414
also if you really wanted there is one of the largest fish exporters in Bali,Indonesia exports black tip reef sharks for the pet trade

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
also if you really wanted there is one of the largest fish exporters in Bali,Indonesia exports black tip reef sharks for the pet trade
I can get black tip reefs and bull shark any day of the week here. I just don't plan on upgrading if I go this route. Black tips, though decently small are too high strung and should be in nothing smaller than 60k gallons in my opinion and bulls shouldn't be in anything less than 300k gallons.

I like them, but this is probably the largest i would or could go without financial burden.

Reef, not my style, just an overpriced planted tank to me.
Horn sharks are nice, so are leopard sharks and the cold water tolerance could be more appealing from a financial perspective long term.

I am just fond of hammerheads personally.

Thanks for the replies

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store