3 Year Old Dragon Goby issues

Dennisrash32

Feeder Fish
Mar 16, 2024
My dragon fish is about three years old and about two weeks ago he started swimming around and won’t stop he has jumped out of tank three times now and I have blocked the wholes so he can’t jump out no more but all he does is swim at the top and I don’t know what’s wrong with him I’ve had dragon fish for the last eight years and just love them can some one help with this problem

Attachments

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My dragon fish is about three years old and about two weeks ago he started swimming around and won’t stop he has jumped out of tank three times now and I have blocked the wholes so he can’t jump out no more but all he does is swim at the top and I don’t know what’s wrong with him I’ve had dragon fish for the last eight years and just love them can some one help with this problem
Welcome aboard
Have you checked your water parameters?

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I'd prefer to know the current parameters among other things so I and others could possibly make better educated guesses to help you but based on what I've heard it is possible the heater had a short and was leaking current into the tank. There are testers to check for current available for sale. Since buying and installing the new heater is the issue continuing?

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d give a trial of some epsom salt to the tank at 3 tbsp per gallon.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store