800 gallon pool pond /best filter? Best heater?

Gatorhunter 1919

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2020
I am setting up a pool pond in my garage for my arowana and peacock bass. I am not sure what route to take on a filter either make one or purchase one but I am not sure what pumps and heaters will be most durable in this type of setup especially since it will be a pool I was thinking a inline heater. If anyone has in site or recommendations that would be great.
Thanks

Gatorhunter 1919

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2020
Thank you Larry!! There setup should work perfect for me. If anyone else has some other suggestions feel free to let me know.

gaxoo3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2023
Setting up a pool pond for your arowana and peacock bass in your garage sounds like an exciting project! When it comes to choosing the right filter, pump, and heater for your setup, there are a few factors to consider:

1. Filter: Depending on the size of your pool pond, you might want to invest in a high-capacity filtration system. Research different types of filters, such as canister filters or pond filters, that are suitable for large volumes of water and can handle the waste produced by your fish.
  2. Pump: Look for a durable and reliable pump that can provide sufficient water circulation and maintain good oxygenation in the pool. Consider the size of your pool and the specific flow rate requirements of your fish species.
  3. Heater: Since you're setting up a pool pond in your garage, maintaining a stable water temperature is important. Inline heaters can be a good option, as they can be integrated into the water circulation system and provide consistent heating. Ensure that the heater is suitable for the volume of water in your pool and has a reliable thermostat.
  4. Durability and reliability: It's essential to choose equipment from reputable brands known for their quality and durability. Reading reviews and seeking recommendations from experienced hobbyists or professionals can help you make informed choices.
Remember to monitor water parameters regularly, provide appropriate hiding spots, and ensure proper lighting and nutrition for your fish. Good luck with your pool pond setup, and I hope you create a comfortable and thriving environment for your arowana and peacock bass!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store