A more ethical way to live feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newworld

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2008
chicago
Oooh...a new hot topic. It reminds me of some older threads. *cough* Heh. Anyways, here are my thoughts:

Basically, like others have said, if you don't want to feed live fish to your stock, then don't keep fish that need that kind of food. Stick with fish that can take frozen or dried food.

Ethical, moral—there can be a lot of words used to describe this issue, but that's just adding complex levels to a topic that doesn't need to be complicated. If we get further into the nitty gritty related to ethics, then why is there a group for keeping fish in glass/acrylic boxes? One can argue that it is unethical to keep any animal—fish, cats, dogs, rabbits, etc. But we still keep them, Why? Because we love animals and we want animal companionship, there is nothing compared to animal companionship. However, they do rely on us, and domesticated animals can't take care of themselves, so we have to provide them with the best food and care we can. If that means live food, then so be it, if it means dried/frozen food, then so be it. Either way, its about the animals rather than our personal feelings related to feeding them.

Long story short, don't try to sedate live prey, either throw them in or not throw them in at all. We are in control of our pets' diet; however, we also have control over what animals we choose to be our pets.
Haha I like that you keep fish in a glass box is that ethical, what a dumb conversation …next

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Haha I like that you keep fish in a glass box is that ethical, what a dumb conversation …next
This conversation was already dumb way before that particular comment was posted...

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
I request the mods to please close this thread since this has only become a topic of dispute. OPs problem, ideology, whatever has been addressed well and there is no need for further argument.
kno4te kno4te
koltsixx koltsixx

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
Btw Op if you are really worried about ethics then i recommend applying some sort of anesthesia of every patch of grass you are about to walk on, since plants are living being you know.
🙂🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store