Above the Tavern with Parka!

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
This is actually My Inner Junkie's place, it's where I will Showcase my next magnificent build, The NYC of Plywood Aquariums and with all the contests happening, I may enter this next build in the 'Beyond' category because it will be well beyond one thousand gallons, And I got new and bigger glass, 84" x 44" and so I need to pencil in new dimensions and draw up a simple plan.

Please, before anybody wants to warn me about my glass choice, 1/2" thick tempered, we have been there before, the glass won't fail nor will my build, and if it does fail, I will Self Report the failure.

The NYC will have the same style as the rest of the City Series, double front windows and round windows on the end.

One gallon of Charcoal Grey Pond Shield will be delivered today and the glass comes on this Friday. My Land Lady is not on board, it's not good at the moment but half the garage is ALL MINE!

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
SE USA
I'm buckling up for the ride! Honestly didn't think you would jump into the NYC project before the dust has settled (water has cleared) on your last build. Quite an aggressive pace.

I hope you can get things squared away with your land lady, conflict is not good for the soul or body.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
It’s a cool project, especially so soon after the other one.
If the landlady finally snaps and boots you out what will you do with such giant tanks?

• Haha
Reactions: Parka

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
If the landlady finally snaps
This is bound to to raise a few eyebrows, however, sometimes Me & My Land Lady, sometimes we sleep in the same bed, together! And the facts are that we even had us a Love Child 32 years ago and at that time, I was her Land LORD! I always Demanded that she just call me 'Lord' but she simply would not comply, harumphhh! So yeah, My Land Lady, she been snappin at me for several decades and counting...

And I have More Good News!

Parka Parka , Self Reporting
1. Those rather inexpensive (AKA, cheap) circulation pumps, I had a pair stop working on the same day and it was fibrous plant material that got all wrapped around the spindle, it was from that weed I fed my Swimmers, and the Cleveland seems even less clear than it was a few days ago and I think that plant might be the cause? It looks like a whole bunch of, thousands, hundreds of thousands of thread like plant material, like lil pieces of twine flowing.

2. The Pond Shield, 1 gallon Charcoal, 1.5 qt. Competition Blue and fiberglass mat and roll was delivered yesterday And the glass arrives tomorrow.

what will you do with such giant tanks?
These tanks will outlast me. Everything could be sold, fire sale prices even, and My Land Lady can have all the money, problem solved? I'm just having fun along the way.

3. Pics. My Swimmers make me so happy!small pumps.jpgGoung to the Tavern!.jpgMy Swimmers.jpgGuilty Bumbles.jpgClumsy Bumbles.jpg

Reactions: Jexnell

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
SE USA
Parka, You're a dude! I'll trust you that you've got the Land Lady problem under control. Weird about the little fibers, must have been undigestible and passed through the fish.

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
Land Lady problem under control.
About that, well it's a darn good thing that I set up this outdoor office pool before I started the NYC of Plywood Aquariums. Land Ladies tend to scoff at these types of goings on. These cheapo pools are excellent for the hobby and I have 5 little water lettuce plants in there and in just a few weeks, the whole surface will be covered in them and it's quite nice looking when that happens. pooling and ponding.jpg

And Chicago will be getting a major facelift of sorts, heavily planted areas with all new rock features. Here is the first plant to grace the Chicago, again, this is a plant that I would use in my aquariums when I was a rotten teenager! I think it's called Moneywort and I always liked the way it would grow up out of the water.
Chicago in the shadows!.jpg

The end panels of glass got delivered yesterday and I knew the front panels were to be delivered today, and today is my day to water the Food Pantry beds at the Community Garden and when I got back, it was delivered, so marvelous, even though I knew it was coming, when I saw it I got all giddy, and then My Landlady entered the garage from the house and just flat out ruined My Moment of Glee! It all happened very quickly. I WILL get My Glee Back, A Good Time Shan't be Denied! I ride my Silver Power Wheels now. Bike broke.
More Glass, Please!.jpgEnd glass, round, 34 inches.jpg
It might be a week or so before I begin the next build.

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
Hi Frass! I hear ya, and I'm upset about that too, allow me to explain!

Parka Parka , Self Reporting!
1. Just imagine how much I coulda saved on Shipping had my sheet goods been produced in Pittsburgh instead of so far the eff away in China??? Remember PPG? Pittsburgh Plate Glass, anyway, I got it from Amazon, the source is not my concern. My Main Concern was all that effin extra shipping cost all the friggin way from Shang High!

Land Lady problem under control
I'm workin it! She was so not happy about my decision to build the NYC that she acted in such a manner that I was able to get ahead of the curve so to speak. She maybe got a bit too, um, you know, ugly, so now, she is being all nice to me and helping me get ready for the Picnic tomorrow at the Community Garden. AND, the tank build, we all know, including My Land Mistress, that the NYC of Plywood aquariums will be happening soon.

3. When I start the build, I will go through the steps with pictures with better detail and instruction than I showed on my last build. I will show and explain all the important cuts, and will show more precisely how each piece of the shell is fastened to the floor of the tank and the sides and backs joined to each other.

Reactions: Sassafras

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
SE USA
I will go through the steps with pictures with better detail and instruction than I showed on my last build. I will show and explain all the important cuts, and will show more precisely how each piece of the shell is fastened to the floor of the tank and the sides and backs joined to each other.
Good stuff, looking forward to that. I'm a detail guy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store