African Tiger Fish (Hydrocynus) ID and Care Guide 3.0

jakb55

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2012
huntington beach ca
Okay I get my two new baby atfs what water parameters do I want to stay at I'm going to redo my tank and make this tank the best I can do so I just need to know everything I can do to make the tank the best I can

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Thanks for taking the time to post this. Its very much appreciated.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
My pleasure! :)

Okay I get my two new baby atfs what water parameters do I want to stay at I'm going to redo my tank and make this tank the best I can do so I just need to know everything I can do to make the tank the best I can

I've found they're not very picky at all. As long as your water is stable they should be fine.

Great thread, congrats to you for all the hard work!
You're quite welcome!

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
I just want to say thanks to chicx for advising me that they are not a species only fish in the rite set up and for directing me to this thread :) I am hopefully picking up my tiny vittatus tomorrow morning and I now have all of the information I need :nilly:

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Great info Rob! Fantastic job very well done.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I just want to say thanks to chicx for advising me that they are not a species only fish in the rite set up and for directing me to this thread :) I am hopefully picking up my tiny vittatus tomorrow morning and I now have all of the information I need :nilly:

My pleasure!

what does a modified fx5 outlet look like?
Whatever you want it to. I took off the factory diffuser that helped to reduce the violence of the flow from the FX5 and put on some PVC with an elbow to get as strong of a flow as I could.

Great info Rob! Fantastic job very well done.
Thanks, Tom! :cheers:

HeWhoHeIsIsMe

Feeder Fish
Jun 21, 2012
Scranton, Pennsylvania
I'm in the planning of a 10'x4.5'x30" home for 3-4 VATF (I have 3 currently 4"). I'm guessing 850g. With your water current formula, 42,500gph. They tell me a Vortex wave maker is powerful. This is a HUGE project for me! ANY direct advise would be greatly appreciated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store