Akita's? Who owns one?

lil_pendejo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Illannoy
Anyone else in here own an Akita? Or a few?

Distrust those in whom the desire to punish is powerful

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
I haven't personally owned one but we've had one at my shelter. Beautiful dog, liked me too lol. He got adopted to great home

Sent from my VS840 4G

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
I don't own a purebred but I do have a mutt thats has a bit of Akita in her. Akitas are beautiful dogs!

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I had 1 for about 10 years, fabulous dog, great with kids, very protective (to a fault, check your insurance company, some will cancel you if they find out you have one). He would sit in the snow for hours, in below zero weather and not bat an eye.
Bit free spirited and have the tendency to run if distracted, I had to fence in the yard.
If it is male, you must assert that you are alpha from the puppy stage.
Mine would kill any animal that passed thru the yard, cats, entire families of possoms, even low flying birds.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I have a close friend with a 4 year old female and another close friend just brought home an 8 week old puppy. (Got into Akitas due to the other friend's sweet dog.)

I can post a couple of pics later. The adult female is very sweet, happy and loving. She does have a stubborn streak and so definitely needs a very firm but fair hand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store