Albino bullhead

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
Has anyone ever seen one? I've only ever seen one albino thing at the river and it was a tadpole. But that is definitely my dream fish, an albino yellow bullhead or any color morph I guess. Piebald would be cool too. image.jpgThis was the closest thing I found on the internet. I can't believe they didn't keep it but I guess some people aren't into keeping fish for whatever crazy reason lol.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
That's a yellow bullhead, they can be yellowest in some conditions. They will revert back to normal. Albino bullheads are extremely rare and uncommon because of other predatory fishes. Bass, pikes, walleyes, perches and sunfish will hammering hard on YOY (young of year) bullheads.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
+1, that's just a plain yellow bullhead, I have them that vibrant in my local creek. every single one you pull up is that color.

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
I just said that's the closest thing to white lol but ever year I find a bunch of fry with a parent fish and I want to take them all and raise them in case there's an albino and release all the others in someone's pond (legally)

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
bullheads are easy to keep haha, buy an intex pool at walmart for 80 bucks, fill the bottom with pool filter sand, add some hiding spots and collect all the fry haha

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Albino bullhead or flathead would be my dream fish as well but as MN said they're extremely rare because of predation on juveniles. Only reason there's albino channel cats is because of selective breeding. If you ever find a true albino and don't want it though just PM me lol :).

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
Albino bullhead or flathead would be my dream fish as well but as MN said they're extremely rare because of predation on juveniles. Only reason there's albino channel cats is because of selective breeding. If you ever find a true albino and don't want it though just PM me lol :).
Pfffffffft like I'd ever get rid of a color morph fish hahah unless you had a different one to trade for!

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
If I can find someone who's okay with me adding a bunch of catfish to their pond then I'm definitely doing it lol.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
If I can find someone who's okay with me adding a bunch of catfish to their pond then I'm definitely doing it lol.
hahaha listen, if you do my intex pool idea you won't have to get rid of them! you could have a mob of bullheads for life lol

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
hahaha listen, if you do my intex pool idea you won't have to get rid of them! you could have a mob of bullheads for life lol
I don't have anywhere to put a big pool full of catfish lol. What do you feed those super small guys? Like 1/4" and smaller? Up until like 1" actually. Maybe I'll convince someone to let me put a pond out back!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store