Any shark fishermen here?

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Sharks are pretty lazy and lb for lb not a very strong fish. While I'm not a shark fisherman, I do fish for a living and catch them (well my clients do) all of the time. Here is a solid 7' bull caught on a Penn SSV 5500and 40lb braid. Took maybe 30 minute. Of course this was in a boat.

From the beach a 9/0 loaded with 80lb braid and an 80lb mono top shot of 50 yards will handle all but the largest of sharks.

IMAG1732.jpg

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Sharks are pretty lazy and lb for lb not a very strong fish. While I'm not a shark fisherman, I do fish for a living and catch them (well my clients do) all of the time. Here is a solid 7' bull caught on a Penn SSV 5500and 40lb braid. Took maybe 30 minute. Of course this was in a boat.

From the beach a 9/0 loaded with 80lb braid and an 80lb mono top shot of 50 yards will handle all but the largest of sharks.

View attachment 1196915
Yeah, bought a 9/0 loaded with Dacron. I'm gonna use it tomorrow morning, there's no shark fishing allowed but we will be "tarpon fishing" ;)

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
W
Why not? Too many swimmers or do the sharks have pups in their nursery waters or both?
So many damn swimmers. By 10 in the morning you can barely even walk on the beach there's so many people. At 9, there's nobody though its really weird. But there are a lot of people in the water and on the beach

Going out either tonight or tomorrow morning, just got some new stuff. Went out the other day but we didn't get anything

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store