Anybody keep Pumpkinseed and Goldfish together?

bikerider

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2016
I dunno that I'd do the pumpkin seeds and goldies in only 125g. Not sure you'd be able to keep enough of each to keep them comfortable.
I thought about two of each species. Or if I go all native maybe two sunfish and two perch instead of goldfish.

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
I thought about two of each species. Or if I go all native maybe two sunfish and two perch instead of goldfish.
See how it goes. From what I've experienced with goldfish is they seem more comfortable in larger groups. Real scared and skittish if only 1-2.

bikerider

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2016
See how it goes. From what I've experienced with goldfish is they seem more comfortable in larger groups. Real scared and skittish if only 1-2.
From what I have observed in my pond I think so too. I have 5 in the big pond and they are almost always schooling together or hanging out in group(s). They are however, still skittish when I come near but I think that is just a reaction from other predators that are around.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

triathloncoach

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2008
Atlanta
From what I have observed in my pond I think so too. I have 5 in the big pond and they are almost always schooling together or hanging out in group(s). They are however, still skittish when I come near but I think that is just a reaction from other predators that are around.

I have two pumpkin seed and maybe 7 goldfish/koi in my 4,500 gallon pond. They are all roughly the same size - 7-10 inches. All are happy. Happy enough?IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0245.JPG

Reactions: Cu455
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store