Anyone ever heard their rays making sound ?

RandomAlgae

Exodon
MFK Member
May 10, 2022
https://www.science.org/content/article/listen-wild-stingrays-sing-first-time

Recently came across this, it reminded me of
when I used to keep a young Sterlet in an 150g aquarium,

In one of the best moments in my life I learned that they make sound loud enough to be heard outside the aquarium, clicking sound that make me starting to questions if it is the equipment failing so I start searching all over until I can compared it to "Sturgeon rap" and it is a perfect match,
Being able to hear a fishes sound has certain surreal feelings to it as if we left the land and joined their world,
felt like I was diving with them or something, unfortunately I was bad at keeping fishes back then (as you can probably tell from the fact that I kept Sterlet in a 150g) and they died soon after.

Potamotrygon rays is easily one of my favorite group of animals, up there with Varanids lizards and Crocodilians,
And the fact that they "probably could" make sound certainly made my day, But there are a matter of whether they will, I have never kept Potamotrygon before and it will probably be awhile until I get to keep one,

So I am asking those of you who more experienced than me has you ever hear your rays make any sound (aside from splashing) ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store