Anyone know how to make a tank for a freshwater prawn

Oddballhunter12

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2023
So I was out in Ohio looking for a new oddball to add to my collection and with my recent success with various freshwater crustaceans I wanted to try handling more exotic creature so I got lucky and found a freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii). So i decided to take it into my collection currently it is just staying in a small 10 gallon while I set up its new territory which will be a 40 gallon breeder so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about setting up for one of these fascinating crustaceans. The photos aren’t great but they’ll do for the subject. So if anyone has some tips on how I should set up its new tank I’d highly appreciate it

EDD3DAE7-D9EC-4D21-9F73-13ACC7B93779.jpeg

6159E730-097E-4DDC-A4C6-926E9C5EB2CC.jpeg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So I was out in Ohio looking for a new oddball to add to my collection and with my recent success with various freshwater crustaceans I wanted to try handling more exotic creature so I got lucky and found a freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii). So i decided to take it into my collection currently it is just staying in a small 10 gallon while I set up its new territory which will be a 40 gallon breeder so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about setting up for one of these fascinating crustaceans. The photos aren’t great but they’ll do for the subject. So if anyone has some tips on how I should set up its new tank I’d highly appreciate it

View attachment 1513385

View attachment 1513386
Info from my favorite magazine. https://www.tfhmagazine.com/articles/freshwater/freshwater-prawns-full-article

Reactions: Gpdriftwood
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store