Baby fahaka feeding

Gabi803

Feeder Fish
Jan 12, 2023
At such a small size you can start training them to eat pellets and also mix their diets up with some of the following frozen foods:

At 5" and less: bloodworms / pellets / chopped up frozen foods such as shrimp / mussels / clams etc but take the meat off the shell...

As your puffer gets larger, you could feed your puffer clams with half shell or pryed open with full shell (if the shell is not overly thick) / mussel on half shell / crayfish (smaller than your puffer) / river prawns / squid etc...

Pellets would be the best thing to get them on as a stable good and then you could use frozen foods to mix things up...
I just got a baby fahaka puffer (about 1"). I was wondering if it is too soon to feed it small snails? When is the earliest that I can start feed the puffer hard shell food without damaging its beak? Thanks

jtorresIII

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2023
I just got a baby Fahaka puffer (about 1"). I was wondering if it is too soon to feed it small snails? When is the earliest that I can start feed the puffer hard shell food without damaging its beak? Thanks
Hi, I picked up a Fahaka this past November (2022) and he was about an inch as well. I was feeding him black worms that I picked up from my local fish shop. I spot fed him using a syringe (sucked up some black worms and barely started letting some out right in from of him). He's about 3" now and he eats kidney snails, Hikari frozen foods like blood worms and brine shrimp and Hikari carnivore sinking pellets. I cut up some small shrimp for him from time to time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store