barometric pressures

HilJack41

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Cincinnati soon to be lakeland fl
has eanyone ever heard of barometric pressure and changes of seasons messing up your tanks set up. cuase every spring, every freiggin time it gets iekit is right now, i haev major fish loss. and i prepare for it to. i do efficant watercahnges, and scheck water temps. I even feel a little less. but today,i come home an both my rds were floating, my friggin male die! i had him for 2 years, and i friggin loved him, and this friggin sucks. tliekim relaly relaly down. the fe male revived inmy 55 adn the babes are fine, but now i haev no breeding pair, adn the loos of a good freind. he was hand tame and recognized me over other people. And then my salt tank goes bezerk. everythigniwas fine the leveles were all FINE and my fihs were flippin out, and my hyneocus died. adn my wolf eel and my korean angel i had to make an emergency trip to just about fish to put themin a holding tank till i can figure out wahts wrong. im so freustrated. but last time this happend some one sugested barometric presseure an t the effect it has on heavey medal in water. myth, fact? help e out, am i cursed :cry:

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Do you use chlorine/chloramine removers?

One thing i know is that some water treatment companies start using chloramine as soon as the weather gets warmer. This is because chloramines are more stable than chlorine and is therefore more effective in killing pathongens and all the other nasties from the water.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
I WOULD CHECK THAT
never happens to me

nick

Candiru
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
meriden ,ct
only thing that happens to me is my fish grub out or spawn . no deaths though. i think its the cholrine and chlorimaines in ur tap

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store