BEC pleco not eating

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
What have you tried so far? Do you know for sure it’s not eating at night?

I’ve had luck with broccoli on stubborn plecos. Bell pepper brings my blue eye out too.

Reactions: Denzelhjxxx

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
If you have driftwoods in the tank check around it and see if you see saw dust “ poop” good indicator that it chewing and eating the wood. Than you can try algae wafers at night if it still to shy to eat.
Agree with algae wafers. Throw some in and leave it for the night. Relatively shy eaters esp early in transition and when small.

Reactions: Rotaryp04s

Denzelhjxxx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2023
If you have driftwoods in the tank check around it and see if you see saw dust “ poop” good indicator that it chewing and eating the wood. Than you can try algae wafers at night if it still to shy to eat.
I do have drift wood in the tank but there are other royals in the tank as well hence its quite difficult to know if its eating one thing is that I woke up in the morning after placing a cucumber in the tabk and saw its poop was greenish which probably means it ate some cucumber

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Denzelhjxxx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2023
update* it has eaten some cucumber I placed inside the tank overnight from what I can infer from the poop being greenish and its chewing on the driftwood.However it doesn't seem to be consistently eating from what I can see and the belly seems abit concaved not so much to be a caused for concern.(side note it's been in the tank for just over a week)

Attachments

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Denzelhjxxx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2023
if it helps there's also a L200,L330,L600 and a L14 in the same tank all around the 3.5-4 inch range

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
It looks perfectly find to me, once it settle in and really start eating you going to wish the poop would stop coming.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store