Best Salads?

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
What plants do your fish love most on the menu? For me its:

Guppy grass = salad buffet. It's not even close. I can't keep it at all before it gets buzz sawed away. Average of 3 days to completely vanish, stems and all.

Water Sprite = tasty treat. They'll strip some plants to the nub but leave others alone.

Pothos = dessert. Despite concerns about pothos, it's fine with fish. Mine eat the leaves on the vine or strip them off first. I'll find the bite marks. Roots get hacked on too (a certain parrot was seen tearing and gobbling roots).They won't eat the stems though. I've been left with bare vine stumps everywhere.

Not touched (these must be nasty I guess)
Octopus Grass
Swords
Any Red Plants
Elodea (although my goldfish loved it. Cichlids not so much.)

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
What plants do your fish love most on the menu? For me its:

Guppy grass = salad buffet. It's not even close. I can't keep it at all before it gets buzz sawed away. Average of 3 days to completely vanish, stems and all.

Water Sprite = tasty treat. They'll strip some plants to the nub but leave others alone.

Pothos = dessert. Despite concerns about pothos, it's fine with fish. Mine eat the leaves on the vine or strip them off first. I'll find the bite marks. Roots get hacked on too (a certain parrot was seen tearing and gobbling roots).They won't eat the stems though. I've been left with bare vine stumps everywhere.

Not touched (these must be nasty I guess)
Octopus Grass
Swords
Any Red Plants
Elodea (although my goldfish loved it. Cichlids not so much.)
+1 on the Nori

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store