Sep 24, 2023
I currently have a 135g tank with.

4-5 inch Weeksii Bichir
9-10 inch Weeksii Bichir
7-8 inch Mokememble Bichir
7-8 inch Golden Longfin Senegal Bichir
7 inch platinum Senegal Bichir
6 inch ornate.

They all get along amazing as you could imagine, but the tank is kinda "empty looking" as they all have thier hiding spots they enjoy hanging out in. What is a big fish I could keep with them.

I love dats but my concern would be one of a 135 would be big enough 6 feet long and 2 him out competing the bichirs for food. Since I almost have to hand feed these guys now. Sinxe it's tough knowing if they are eating when I drop food in at night. Looking for some options thanks

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I currently have a 135g tank with.

4-5 inch Weeksii Bichir
9-10 inch Weeksii Bichir
7-8 inch Mokememble Bichir
7-8 inch Golden Longfin Senegal Bichir
7 inch platinum Senegal Bichir
6 inch ornate.

They all get along amazing as you could imagine, but the tank is kinda "empty looking" as they all have thier hiding spots they enjoy hanging out in. What is a big fish I could keep with them.

I love dats but my concern would be one of a 135 would be big enough 6 feet long and 2 him out competing the bichirs for food. Since I almost have to hand feed these guys now. Sinxe it's tough knowing if they are eating when I drop food in at night. Looking for some options thanks
Perhaps some Congo Tetras? Maybe a Bushfish, or some Silver Dollars?

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I was thinking of wanting to go more predator route, like an Oscar but he would 100% out compete them for food they are pigs. Kinda wanted one big center piece ya know, that's only reason I mentioned a Dat
You can try datnoid polota (American tiger). Rarely go past 12” length unlike the other datnoid species

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Would he be ok in a 135? I thought gars couldn't be in less then like a 300, ide love a gar
Hujeta Gars aren't true gars. They are gar characins, but they are very gar-like in profile. They only get to about a foot long so they should work in your tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store