bichirs are are bottemless pits

Mattk1996

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, people love bichirs here. But I guarantee you that any poly owner would not suggest bichirs with loaches.

And no - no size rope fish is recommended with any lower jaw bichir.

You can gain experience by learning from OTHERS mistakes. You don't have to make them yourself.
I keep two of my Birchers with my clown loaches and haven't had any problems just keep my big ornate away from my loaches until the loaches put on some size honestly surprised my little rainbow shark hasn't been eaten yet though

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I used to have a jackass rainbow shark that when it wouldn't leave the rest of the fish alone in my community tank I put him in my bichir tank not caring if he survived. Of course he immediately tried to mess with my 7" ornate and the ornate lunged at him. After that the rainbow shark was very well behaved lol

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Bwahahaha that's good ^^

My polys nipped the fins off of my paradise fish, luckily not big enough to eat them

Lizardslap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Central Florida
I sent those eels down the road a little while after that to a guy with a much larger tank
Got a couple of very well behaved delhizi now and there the only bottom dwellers been doing great except for the random hunger strikes

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
I had bircher about 15 yrs ago in a 125 gal tank I added a 6 inch texas cichlid the bircher was about 4 inches and as soon as the lights went out the bircher started attacking the texas and nearly ripped his tail off these fish are no joke

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I had bircher about 15 yrs ago in a 125 gal tank I added a 6 inch texas cichlid the bircher was about 4 inches and as soon as the lights went out the bircher started attacking the texas and nearly ripped his tail off these fish are no joke
let me guess it was either an endlicheri or ornate?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store