Big Fire Eels - 2 @ 30 inch and 3 smaller ones

dave'stank

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Bradenton, Florida
How is the eel I sold you doing? Is he the picky one?

Those 30 inchers are MASSIVE.. how bigs the tank?
Hey bro - long time - yeah the one I got from you is one of two of my picky ones. The one I got from you will only eat live worms and any kind of live shrimp. My other picky one is a real pain in the ass because the previous owner only fed it live super- worms. So after 3 years of trying different things it still will only eat the super worms and live shrimp. I go to the local bait shop once a week for a treat. The eels are in my 210. I had the big guys in my 540 but the clown loaches were nipping their bodies and caused some real nasty sores so I pulled them out about 2 years ago and put them in the 210 and they have been happy ever since.

dbcb314

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Tallahassee
Hey bro - long time - yeah the one I got from you is one of two of my picky ones. The one I got from you will only eat live worms and any kind of live shrimp. My other picky one is a real pain in the ass because the previous owner only fed it live super- worms. So after 3 years of trying different things it still will only eat the super worms and live shrimp. I go to the local bait shop once a week for a treat. The eels are in my 210. I had the big guys in my 540 but the clown loaches were nipping their bodies and caused some real nasty sores so I pulled them out about 2 years ago and put them in the 210 and they have been happy ever since.
It's gotten pickier then! It used to eat cut up shrimp along with worms for me. Never could get it on pellets.

Good to see its working out!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store