Bird watching thread

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Where I live we have the same wildlife year round. I wish I could pictures of these guys but it's not happening with my cell phone.
Roadrunner
Quail
Turkey vulture
Red tail hawk
Swainson's hawk

Just to list a few of the more fun ones. I actually see these birds on a daily basis with the exception of the roadrunner. Maybe not daily but at least once a week.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
This month alone I've seen southern masked lapwings (they're nesting in the paddock across the road, won't be long and they'll be swooping the people on bikes), black swans, an Australian pelican, Australian magpies, forest ravens, one of my hawks came back (they nest across the road) not sure where its mate is though, some kind of egret in the reeds near the bridge, a couple of cormorants (not sure if they were black face or pied, they were in the middle of the river), a massive flock of galahs, a group of little black waterbirds with white beaks that I don't know the name of but always see, sparrows, a large gull of some kind, common starlings and some kind of cuckoo bird arguing with the starlings over some seed my neighbour threw out for them.

And of course, seagulls.

I'm waiting for the swallows to return to my neighbours carport as they nest there every year, when they come back I'll try getting some pictures to put up.. Actually I might go on a mish over the weekend and see if I can't get some photos of at least some of the birds I've mentioned. :)

Oh, and I also get woken up every morning without fail at 6am by a damn kookaburra (I think there's a pair but I can't see them to find out) laughing its ath off.. I'm ready to strangle the damn thing. <--- this is a joke... Sort of.. :D

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
This month alone I've seen southern masked lapwings (they're nesting in the paddock across the road, won't be long and they'll be swooping the people on bikes), black swans, an Australian pelican, Australian magpies, forest ravens, one of my hawks came back (they nest across the road) not sure where its mate is though, some kind of egret in the reeds near the bridge, a couple of cormorants (not sure if they were black face or pied, they were in the middle of the river), a massive flock of galahs, a group of little black waterbirds with white beaks that I don't know the name of but always see, sparrows, a large gull of some kind, common starlings and some kind of cuckoo bird arguing with the starlings over some seed my neighbour threw out for them.

And of course, seagulls.

I'm waiting for the swallows to return to my neighbours carport as they nest there every year, when they come back I'll try getting some pictures to put up.. Actually I might go on a mish over the weekend and see if I can't get some photos of at least some of the birds I've mentioned. :)

Oh, and I also get woken up every morning without fail at 6am by a damn kookaburra (I think there's a pair but I can't see them to find out) laughing its ath off.. I'm ready to strangle the damn thing. <--- this is a joke... Sort of.. :D
I love how snarky kookaburras look lol. I wouldn't mind having one as a pet.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I love how snarky kookaburras look lol. I wouldn't mind having one as a pet.
It sounds like a fun idea, but be damned if I could listen to that sound coming from INSIDE my house every day... :D

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Here's a big "kettle" of vultures.

image.jpeg

I want to take a picture of the hawks on campus but they are pretty intimidating. That and my gf yells at me whenever I try to get close to them. Ill get a picture when she's not around haha.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Here's a dove , it's still on the nest oddly, it has already had two sets of young, sorry for terrible pic, don't want to scare it.image.jpeg

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
It's been a dead zone out here lately only house sparrows and a mourning dove. ehh ehh did u get close enough to get a id of the vultures? Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt I'm no familiar with forest Ravens, but know most of the other birds u mentioned.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I like to watch the hawks that live in my area.I'm not sure exactly which species they are but it is an impressive sight to see them soar around looking for prey items and it still amazes me that they live within the city.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store