Black Diamond Stingrays Tankmate Question

RCabsCFD

Feeder Fish
Dec 5, 2022
Long time lurker first time poster, I have this vision for my largest tank yet(being built DIY).

id love to house BD ray pair with Panda Uaru(which I’ve raised in the past) is this possible?

I’ve searched all over and can’t find a definite answer hoping someone here does!

Thank you in advance!

Ansorgii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
South-West-Germany
In terms of aggression, behaviour and water paramerers it should be possible given enough space and the bd not to big (I've seen them max out at 40cm up to 80cm, I would recommend a smaller species like wallacei, they are a lot friendlier aswell)

However you should ask yourself if you have the skill and will to do it. The Pandas need very soft and clean water, and while the rays live in waters like that aswell, bacteria does not like it, making your filtration a lot less efficient, which is a bad combination with the waste mashines that stingrays are.

Soft and acidic water in general is less stable and will require lots of humins to compensate.

I'd say its possible, but you will need a very powerful/a lot larger filtration, lots of rain/destilled water to change and have little room for failures.

I personally would not do it. If you want to keep Stingrays I would look for less fussy tankmates, like eartheaters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store