break out the kiddy pools

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
This is for all you turtle/gator keepers who don't have funds for large indoor tank and don't have weather for outdoor ponds. Build a lagoon out of a kiddy pool. First build a box of some sort (2 to 3 times as tall as the pool). You can use plywood, plastic, malmine, or particle board for the box. Then measure up from the bottom of the box the heigth of the pool. Place a false floor at this height. Now you can cut a hole in the false floor and drop the kiddy pool in. If done correctly the bottom of the pool will sit on the ground and the top lip should sit flush with the false floor. Huge Enclosure for less than $100 for sure. If you spend $100 on this you must have used gold nails and mahogony. Please reply if you plan to use this or do use this method. I would like to hear about it. I'll try and post an illistration of this.

Happy swimming,
Softy

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
I am thinking of getting some turtles, what I plan on doing is finding a wide RubberMaid container. :)
I am thinking of getting one that has one of those holes on the bottom that you can open, that way I will not even keep a filter in there and would daily put it in a bathtub and rinse everything with fresh tap-water.

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
I'm no architect nor spelling master so bear with me.

img004.jpg

cenecker

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Eternal, Impenetrable Darkness
Okay now that I see the drawing I get it...thats an awesome idea.

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
48"L x 25"W x 14"H cant put pic in post to big. If you would like look in my personal gallery to see the rubbermaid tub with drain (like you spoke of, Vitaliy in use. Works great for smaller or young turtles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store