Caiman and Peacock Bass????

Mr. Crocodile

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hey, have searched a lot around the internet but can not figure out if it is possible to have Peacock Bass with dwarf caimans. Is it possible????

Reactions: tlindsey

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Welcome abroad! Personally I would say it's not a good idea, since the caiman can just take bites out of the peacock bass if it gets hungry.
And that would be game over.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Hey, have searched a lot around the internet but can not figure out if it is possible to have Peacock Bass with dwarf caimans. Is it possible????
My guess is the caimen would eat the bass. I've not kept either but I have kept large monitors. I would not trust anything that a reptile can catch with said reptile.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
In the wild? Maybe.
In captivity, where it can easily be cornered and eaten? Unlikely.

IMO, the only fish you can safely have with a crocodilian are those too small for it to bother eating (like a big school of neons).

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Something the size of a common pleco, very likely yes.

Something the size of L046 (zebra pleco) or L201 (snowball pleco), for example, would be unlikely to get eaten. They're probably too small to be of interest.

However, when it comes to those fancy plecos, I wouldn't mix them with anything smaller than a fully grown caiman. If the caiman is any smaller than that, they may not be too small to be seen as food and you'll lose a couple hundred to thousand dollars.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I’ve seen a display at the aquarium with a caiman, exodons, and Pictus cats.
As others have said, p bass are right in the size range to be considered food. In the wild they eat small mammals and fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store