Can a 3-4" African claw frog coexist with fish such as a silver arowana?

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
The arowan is only 12 in so it can't fit the frog in its mouth for now. This is a 210 gallon tank and this is not a permanent solution for the frog or the arowana but for the time being can they coexist?

Do I need a quarantine the frog before adding it to the tank with the assumption that I can?

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Pic of the frog. Far too large to be consumed.

Tank mates in the 210
6" ornate bichir
7" Delhzi bichir
10" black ghost knife fish
20" fire eel
12" silver arowana
6" redtail brycon

1000030720.jpg

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I can temporarily keep the frog in a 40. I'll likely rehome it then because I don't want the extra maintenance. Who would be in danger of the frog you think?
Nobody is in danger from the frog (not sure if that's what you meant, sorry if I'm misinterpreting that), however, I believe with the fish in the 210 and even the arowana will pick at your frog constantly. The frog needs to be in its own tank. It may not be eaten, however it may be harassed, especially with most of your tank being bottom dwellers (and frogs are bottom dwellers).

Reactions: Irecruitfish

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Also, what is wrong with the current setup the frog is in? It can stay in a 10 gallon for life (preferably larger though).

Reactions: Irecruitfish

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Nobody is in danger from the frog (not sure if that's what you meant, sorry if I'm misinterpreting that), however, I believe with the fish in the 210 and even the arowana will pick at your frog constantly. The frog needs to be in its own tank. It may not be eaten, however it may be harassed, especially with most of your tank being bottom dwellers (and frogs are bottom dwellers).
I may give it a try in the 210 and monitor the situation. Do you think I have to quarantine it first?

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I may give it a try in the 210 and monitor the situation. Do you think I have to quarantine it first?
If its been under your care for a long time, no, you don't have to quarantine it, but if its a brand new (like day or two old) purchase, then yes, quarantine it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store