Can peacock bass and silver arowana live together? In peace

Feeder Fish12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2024
Can peacock bass and silver arowana live together? In peace I just dont want them to fight or kill the aro for a few days... when I buy them soon! Without wasting my money.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Can peacock bass and silver arowana live together? In peace I just dont want them to fight or kill the aro for a few days... when I buy them soon! Without wasting my money.
Depends on tank size as well. Both territorial. Yes they can be kept together if tank size is large enough with arowana top dwelling, and peacock bass mid - top dwelling.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Feeder Fish12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2024
OK now I get it

Sorry I don't have a home aquarium I have an fish pond on the side of my house which is about 100 to 180 gallons at least..

I have heard that arowana is a semi aggressive fish that don't harm tank mates when young if I'm right?

I have an 2 oscar and a 1 gar with my silver aro before I add some other fish too after a few days my oscar killed my ck followed by my silver aro and my other fish for a each day the only fish that is left is my gar he is about 8 to 9 inches long he is well feeded and my two oscar is about 5 to 6 inch but fatter
They do get along fine for now the only thing is my gar is getting skinny he cannot eat the worm because my oscar keeps getting the food that I drop that's why I keep buying worms.

I am about to give my oscar away when I cleaned the pond and drain the water! I know it's sad because it's already big!

I know you said they can live together which is fine I know their territorial!!

But I hope this cichla will get along with my aro in peace!!

Thanks!

Feeder Fish12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2024
Wait I have a favor before I go will pair of cichlas do well to each other when I buy it

Thanks!

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
OK now I get it

Sorry I don't have a home aquarium I have an fish pond on the side of my house which is about 100 to 180 gallons at least..

I have heard that arowana is a semi aggressive fish that don't harm tank mates when young if I'm right?

I have an 2 oscar and a 1 gar with my silver aro before I add some other fish too after a few days my oscar killed my ck followed by my silver aro and my other fish for a each day the only fish that is left is my gar he is about 8 to 9 inches long he is well feeded and my two oscar is about 5 to 6 inch but fatter
They do get along fine for now the only thing is my gar is getting skinny he cannot eat the worm because my oscar keeps getting the food that I drop that's why I keep buying worms.

I am about to give my oscar away when I cleaned the pond and drain the water! I know it's sad because it's already big!

I know you said they can live together which is fine I know their territorial!!

But I hope this cichla will get along with my aro in peace!!

Thanks!
Yes, I mentioned that the cichla would get along with the silver arowana, but I also mentioned how tank/ pond size is also a requirement. 100-180 gallon pond… I’m sorry to say but it’s nowhere near the size requirement for what I’m assuming that your gar is an alligator gar as it’s most commonly sold. Neither is it big enough for a silver arowana. If you choose to add a a silver arowana and bass into the pond, you would have “survival of the fittest” with each fish killing each other off.
Trust me, I have had first hand experience with this in the past where I learnt my lesson the hard way, where I kept arowana and peacock bass and Florida gar together before in a larger aquarium than yours, with my arowana eventually killing my bass and my gar. Not to mention, you have two Oscar’s inside. I can safely say I am much more experienced to say that it’s not going to work long or short term.

Last edited:

Feeder Fish12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2024
Thank god😂😂

But thanks for your support

Before I go I'll advise you any of my supports if needed

Thanks!

Goodbye...!

Feeder Fish12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2024
I have an 1 gator gar 2 two oscar albino copper 1 peacock bass kelberi before 1 paroon shark just ended up I saw the fins where already damaged when I first got it in the fish store it just died quickly after a few days (maybe the oscar attack my paroon:)/ and I have heard from experts moss water is healthy for this fish that have in my pond thats why my water is turning into moss cause of the sunlight and I clean it after 3 to 4 weeks and on feeding time there well doing in feeding time no signs of aggression and other I feed them some worms and pellets only and I feed them in the morning with some worms and in the evening I feed them pellets only in the evening per each day and two days break after sometimes they just leave the worm in the surface in the pond so I feed them in the afternoon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store