Can't keep mts alive

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
Hi guys, I have had mts for years and love them. For some reason, since moving and using well water, all of them have died. I've check the water and pH was probably 8. It happened in different aquariums, one I even put a piece of coral to help with the calcium. It's been a couple of years since I tried but I wanted to see what could be causing this. BTW if anyone has any that they don't want, I'd love to have them. I just want to find out what the problem was/is.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Have you had your well water checked for unusual parameters? It could be related to agricultural runoff though I'd expect your fish to be affected also.

Any chance you have used any copper products in any of your tanks? Or copper levels are high in your well water.

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
Thanks for the reply, I've never used copper in my aquariums and I'm having someone check my well water next week, hopefully. I only have a green Texas left, lost my angel and my sleeper goby. Had a pictus with the Texas for 3 years until it jumped out a few months ago. If it was something with the water it seems like the pictus would have suffered but it went from 3"-7", largest I've ever seen.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store