Car model suggestions for large dog

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
looking to buy a used will need to do your home work no matter what car you buy. used car depends on who owned it how they took care of it. Carfax and service records and miles on it.

Reactions: islandguy11

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I know this wasn’t your question but whatever you choose (if it has a higher than desired height for the dog to be jumping in and out of) you could also buy or build a dog ramp for easy access and egress...I’ve seen people who drive large suv’s And also have large dogs that don’t do well with jumping and they have a foldable ramp for them...it works great!!

Reactions: islandguy11

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Don’t worry I plan on doing my homework and research. If the fishkeeping hobby prepares me for anything in life it’s research and planning lol.

That’s kinda why I set up this thread, all I seem to find online is ‘cars that are best for dog owners’ but it’s always brand new cars and usually it’s for average sized dogs like border collies and labs.

A Ramp is not out of the question in the future, but most of the used SUVs in my price range have poor fuel economy. If I was buying brand new I would have a ton of options.

Just got my first home this year and I’m keeping my monthly payments as low as I can, therefore no new financed car.

Right now i’m Leaning more towards the focus wagon. Growing up in Europe I have always been around the focus and wagons.

There seems to be a lot around my area in varying degrees of quality

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store