Cheap plants, less nitrate! POTHOS

slyme

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2018
Indonesia
Are they fully submerged? I dint know if it matters but I don’t put the stems in the water. Just the roots. What are your readings in the water? What’s in the tank? Any other plants?
I try 2 methods, fully submerged and only roots. Still died.
Aro Tank no plant

Rogozhin75

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2018
I have a bunch of lucky bamboo, pothos and peace lily in a 2'x1' storage container. My canister filters pump the water into that container. Water will go through all the plants before it returns to the tank. I also use Koi clay so the water is always clear, no smells. Plants are growing well with just natural light source. Nitrates still within 20-40 range the whole time.
How are you using the koi clay?

GBaker1130

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2018
South Central USA
idk about toxic to animals. my cat ate half a pot and never had an issue. but I have an issue with mine. I have several starts in a sump but the older they get the more they fade. the ends die. the only ones that live are the original plants. I fertilize and add co2. anyone know how to fix this?

SobaNoodle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2018
Hey I am so sorry if this was addressed earlier in the thread, but there's 151 pages of it and ain't nobody got that kind of time. Has anyone found a nontoxic plant alternative to pothos? I really would love to try this with my lungfish tank BUT I worry about one of my bratface birds trying to eat a leaf thinking it's spring mix. Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store