Clown Knife Information

zaedmi92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2011
San Jose
I just recently bought a Clown knife from a local fish store and I can't get it to eat anything other than live feeders. I have tried crickets, mealworms, blood worms, various Cichlid Pellets, and frozen brine shrimp. Could someone please tell me what I can do to get my Clown Knife to eat other foods. He was fed only live fish at the fish store. He's in a 100 gallon with smaller catfish, a Pleco, and a Black Convict. He's 8 inches and I've had him for a couple weeks. I have had to break down a couple of times and give him some live guppies. Any information would be appreciated.

_Sushi_

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
South East Michigan
When I'd had my ck (the few weeks before I'd had to rehome him) it only ate frozen brine shrimp, but I know from personal experience with Piranhas that fish are too self-preserving to starve themselves to death (for the most part). Just keep offering what YOU want him to eat, and don't budge, fish can go a lot longer than we think they can without food, especially if they're in good body condition. GL

BichirKyle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hey guys, im new to MFK, ive had bichirs, jaguar cichlids, pangasius cats, eclipse cats and others for years, but i am new to knifefish, i recently acquired a 4" clown knife and he wont eat, its been 6 days, ive tried beefheart, bloodworms, brone shrimp and finally resorted to rosey minnows, any advice?

20170605_092918.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store